“Only ok”

Red Earth Spa
Ranked #7 of 14 Spas & Wellness in Banff
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Red Earth Spa is a full service spa with six treatment rooms including one dedicated to hydrotherapy. The Spa also features a manicure and facial room. The spa has a number of areas for clients to relax before, in-between or after a treatment. Come join us at Banff's only full service Spa on Banff Avenue.
Reviewed 19 February 2014

I went with three friends. When I paid, I handed $40 cash to my massage therapist - which the cashier saw me do. Then, when she charged my credit card, she added a $30 gratuity because that was what they did for "group bookings" - something we hadn't been told.
Anyway, I was annoyed to pay $70 in tip on a $150 treament so I called the manager the next day and explained the situation and got the $30 refunded, but honestly, is that something I should have had to do?

4  Thank shellybuddy

Reviewed 15 February 2014

Loved, loved, loved the Red Earth Spa! The massage was AMAZING! and the atmosphere sooooo relaxing! We hang out there almost all day using the spa pool, sauna, relaxing room and great shower and change room!

Reviewed 3 January 2014

massage was good....very expensive but hey this is Banff. Had a bit of a mixup with the times, I guess that was my bad, so we ate alot of granola bars and drank lots of water and tea while waiting for our massage. Overall it was a good massage.

Reviewed 3 January 2014 via mobile

It is really pretty there but way too hot for my liking ! The evening we went was also very busy. I didn't stay too long. We didn't end up going for any treatments so can't comment on that unfortunately.

Reviewed 12 December 2013

I had a great body wrap treatment at this spa with a lovely lady named Yuko. Very kind and considerate, very polite. The wrap was lovely. The Vichy shower table was really great. My boyfriend had a massage and he did say that it was a bit too rough for him even after he asked for the pressure to be less, so that is why I rated this a 4 instead of a 5. He seems to have trouble getting a massage that isn't too hard. I found the customer service good when booking, they were very helpful and accommodating to us. I've read a couple of other reviews about the poor service on the phone, but I didn't have that problem. However, I have to say that I knew when I called that what I wanted was pretty last-minute and likely not to happen and I always make sure to tell the person that I understand if they can't help, but this is what I want and is there anyway they could help me, etc and I am very kind when I ask for favors, so I find that when I act very calm and understanding and don't put any pressure on the person, they bend over backwards for me. I dealt with a lady named Kim on the phone and she was just great.