“Very good pasta” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #80 of 143 Restaurants in Banff
Price range: US$12 - US$25
Cuisines: Italian, Canadian, Pizza
Good for: Groups, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: The Meatball Pizza & Pasta delivers the fun experience that dining should be. The restaurant offers great Italian inspired food, attentive servers and moderate prices coupled with a relaxed, friendly atmosphere. Our open kitchen prepares flavourful pasta dishes, stone-hearth oven thin crust pizzas, tantalizing meat and vegetarian entrees and a variety of house made appetizers and delicious desserts!
NSW
“Very good pasta”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

This restaurant was a few doors down from where we were staying at the Red Carpet Inn. Obviously the restaurant was focused on pasta, but it served other dishes as well. Our table of 4 had 3 different pasta dishes, including the meatballs, and all the dishes were rated highly by the respective diners. The drinks are fairly priced and draft beers are served.

I recommend this restaurant for good foo/drinks at sensible prices.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank aussie_bmh

• Hebrew first
Edmonton
“Should not have named it Meatball”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

The meatballs were absolutely terrible. It's kind of a rubberized meat-paste more than a ball formed from ground meat. We tried both the regular meatballs and the chicken meatballs, the latter of which was way over-spiced. But really, it was the texture that was just incredibly odd.

Rest of food was fine. Pasta was perfectly al dente. Sauce was fine. Just really really odd meatballs. Service was good.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Gazorninplat
Edmonton
“Terrible food with great service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

Ordered meatball appetizer which was ok, we shared so had 2 mini meatballs each. We ordered pizza, meat for hubby, garlic mushroom for me and pepperoni for our daughter. They arrived looking like plastic. My daughter left most of hers, not sure if it could have gotten any dryer but Erghh. Mine was supposed to be 3 cheese and mushroom/garlic. I couldn't really bite into it, base was extremely tough and chewy and the small smattering of cheese present was drydry dry. Husbands was the best of a bad lot but only as he prefers mega thin, hardly any tomato and doesn't like cheese. His was still dry and tough. Why didn't we complain? We'd been out since 7am and we're exhausted. We could not be bothered and just wanted to get back to our room. We won't be back here. Karly our server was really awesome and was the only shining light. Not really an atmosphere here to speak of either and I imagine on winter days the draft from the autodoors may cause a little coldness into the mix. Really want to try and be positive but these were visibly terrible (so should have been redone?) and tasted really awful. Our daughter said the base tasted like a mix between plastic and vanilla, I can't really say mine tasted, just know it was very tough. We will not be back.

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Winnipeg, Canada
“Not a great experience.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2014

We arrived at this restaurant at 8. There were two other tables in the place when we arrived. I ordered a pizza,my wife had a pasta dish,while my son had their spaghetti and meatballs. The atmosphere in the place was loud as the two tables were 4 plus people that were quite intoxicated. My pizza arrived,it looked very dry with few toppings,(The Capone)well,it was dry and fairly flavourless. My wife's pasta was the gnocchi in a mushroom cream sauce.It was the best dish that we received.Nice light cream sauce loaded with mushrooms!
The spaghetti and meatballs were very poor. The spaghetti was actually linguine and the meatballs were dry and tough,tasting like they were prepared long before they were served.the sauce was average. Service was good. I asked not to be billed for the pizza and after a check by our server with management,my request was granted. With all the other culinary choices in Banff,I won't be revisiting The Meatball.

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank xmon319
Calgary, Canada
“Great thin crust pizza”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2014

Great thin crust pizza and they have a an interesting selection if you like something different. My daughter was a pepperoni only girl until she tried the pizza with a Caeser salad dressing base instead of pizza sauce. I know it sounds odd but it works and that is now the all time favourite

Visited February 2014