“Great food, great service”
Review of Giorgio's Trattoria - CLOSED

Giorgio's Trattoria
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Transit: We are located directly in front of a public transit stop.
Description: Contemporary Italian Dishes. Hand made pasta, thin crust pizza. Fun family style dining, "share the Italian way"
Reviewed 14 January 2013

My husband and I had dinner at Giorgio's this past week. We have dined here before. We ordered a 1/2 litre of wine, bruchetta, the "3 types of pasta for sharing" and 2 cappucino's. The food was excellent. The pasta was homemade, not something you typically get. The service was great too. The bill came to just over $100. I thought it was a tad expensive, but overall, we really enjoyed ourselves and would definitely go back.

2  Thank KathyK005

Reviewed 24 November 2012 via mobile

I would say this is on par with places like Joey Tomatoe's or Eastside Mario's. definitely casual, not a place you would come to if you are looking for high-end or a fine dining experience.

1  Thank Jazmin M
Reviewed 31 October 2012

Mid-October & there aren't too many dining options in Banff as it's kind of off-season apparently. We'd noticed this place one night (a Wednesday) & it seemed pretty empty so we weren't sure about it but on the Thursday we decided to give it a go & it was absolutely fine. This is another of those occasions when it was better than average (3 pts) but not quite "very good" (4 pts) so although it's ended up as "average", the food & service were perfectly acceptable & not over-priced particularly. Would I go back? Yes, probably.

2  Thank MikeTY2000
Reviewed 30 October 2012 via mobile

We've been to Banff numerous times, but never ate here until last weekend. The menu was interesting, but a bit pricey. The atmosphere and decor are really nice, the service was great and so was the food. I had the pear and Gorgonzola pizza, which was really good. My husband really enjoyed the veal parmigiana. We'll be back one day!

2  Thank scorpiogirl2
Reviewed 28 October 2012

The restaurant was recommended by our taxi driver as the best Italian in town and he was right. It looks quite small from the outside but it's huge inside...3 levels. Would be perfect for a party. I highly recommend the apple martini and the spaghetti Bolognese.....honestly, the best meat sauce I've ever had!

2  Thank George1494