“Only once”

Melissa's Restaurant and Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Melissa's Restaurant and Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #19 of 145 Restaurants in Banff
Cuisines: Canadian
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Germany
“Only once”
Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

On our first evening in Banff we had dinner here. We ordered a pizza with additional toppings and a salad. The pizza was missing one of these toppings, the salad was a strange collection of big heaps of different cheese types, raisins and sunflower seeds on top of the actual greens (which were good). We didn't like the food at all.

Visited June 2014

Beverly hills, fl
“Great food”
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Upon arrival at the Banff Lodge located across the street we were looking for a close by place to eat. Melissa's fit the bill with its friendly, efficient service. The quality of the food was excellent. As it was a little cool we decided to eat inside rather than on the outside deck. We had a table right by the window so we were able to enjoy watching the people walking by. Melissa's has a wide variety of meal choices on its menu. Our French onion soup was delicious.

Visited May 2014
Singapore
“Pretty okay food, great service”
Reviewed 4 June 2014

It was our last dinner in Canada and it was an okay choice. Loved the service - server was very friendly and easygoing, we had the Chicken Cordon Blu (the tenderest chicken breast ever, in the words of my partner) & Prime Rib (I'm no steak connoisseur but it was tasty, though was not very impressed with the peppercorn sauce-tasted more like brown sauce). For the price, portions were generous (we were served a side loaf of bread each, and the side salad was pretty large too). However, the baked potatoes served as part of the sides were likely re-baked, ie. not freshly done. Might do better with the mashed potatoes/french fries. Go for the outside seating for fresh air.

• Visited June 2014
Portland, Oregon
“Great Breakfast!”
Reviewed 4 June 2014

We ate a Melissa's for breakfast after reading reviews that this restaurant is one of the top breakfast places in Banff. The inside is a log cabin look and very inviting. Staff were friendly and helpful in ordering. Husband had Eggs Benedict and I had an omelet. Both were tasty. When in Banff next, we will return to Melissa's.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank 5nn
Calgary, Canada
“Good Food, Great Service”
Reviewed 1 June 2014

We passed this restaurant on our way to the gondola in the early morning. There were already people seated outside and it peaked my interest. When thinking of where to have lunch I thought it might be a good ideea to check it out. There was a huge waiting lineup when we arrived but since the brunch rush was almost over it would only be a 15 minute wait.
We were seated at the back near window. It was a great spot and I enjoyed all the local artwork on the wall. The restaurant has a very family friendly feel to it. The waitress quickly took our drink orders and when she returned took our meal order. I ordered the eggs benedict and my fiance ordered the from the grill with the 8oz steak, 3 sunnysideup eggs.
While we waited the waitress returned to top up our water which was an attentive touch.Our food was brought to us by a bubbly lady who struck up a friendly converation related to my fiances Toronto maple leaf hat...she told us a funny relevent story. Nice friendly service.
I was sad that the hashbrown potatoes are actually shredded potatoes and not potato chunks...it'd be nice to have the option. The eggs were overcooked.....no beautiful golden yolk oozed out when I cut into my benedict which was disappointing but luckily the sauce saved it. Still, if you have 3 types of eggs benedict you should have mastered a poached egg. Still It tasted good...or maybe I was just hungry. Id probably try it again though and maybe order a side of fruit...it wasn't filling enough.
My fiance ordered his steak medium but it was well done. Good flavor though and his eggs were cooked perfectly. he enjoyed his dish and would get it again.
Overall I was content with our experience here and would come back to try something else.

• Visited June 2014