“Reasonable price, especially for Banff”
Review of Magpie & Stump

Magpie & Stump
Reserve with OpenTable
Magpie & Stump is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #32 of 145 Restaurants in Banff
Price range: US$9 - US$23
Cuisines: Mexican, International, Canadian
Good for: Bar Scene, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Lake Havasu City, Arizona
“Reasonable price, especially for Banff”
Reviewed 7 August 2014

My husband and I stopped in for dinner. The interior has a rustic look about it and the tables are quite crammed together. But it was full of people. I had the taca platter and my husband had fahitas. I tried the beef and the chicken tacos. The chicken was superior in flavor in my opinion. The fahitas were a little slim on the chicken so as a result I had to relinquish one of my tacos to my husband. If the fahitas had been a bit more substancial in the protein department, I wuld have given them 4 stars. I felt it was a good deal for the money.

• Visited July 2014

Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
“Atmosphere was awesome”
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Service was exceptional, we really enjoyed our adult family meal here. The male server was very personable....he even took a great famil picture for us!!

Visited July 2014
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Disgustig Mexican food,”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Based on previous reviews we (4 of us) dined there last night. Each dish was just awful.6.6 I wouldn't have served what they called steak tacos to a dog. A small flour tortilla, dried steak and salsa and that is it for $6. The other dishes were just as bad.

• Visited August 2014
“Good food, great drinks”
Reviewed 2 August 2014

The Magpie had a bit of a kitchen overhaul this year and the change is very welcome! The food is authentic Mexican and well priced, and the portions are huge! They have different drinks specials each night, and the frozen margarita's are served in sweet jam jars. Be careful not to fill up too much on the free peanuts before dinner haha - although throwing the shells onto the floor is fun as well!

Visited May 2014
“Delicious! Fresh! ”
Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

If you haven't been to the magpie in a long time you should try it again! Had the 1/2 nachos and the spicy shrimp tostadas... Sooo good. The salsa was so yummy I took a little home. Margaritas have always been the best at the magpie and they still are. The service tonight was great. Eat here!