“Looking Forward to Our Next Visit” 4 of 5 bubbles

Saintt James's Gate Olde Irish Pub
Ranked #17 of 143 Restaurants in Banff
Price range: US$5 - US$21
Cuisines: Bar, Irish, British, Pub
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Cheap Eats, Bar Scene, Groups
Dining options: Drinks, Dinner, Brunch, After-hours, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Our Story Begins in Ireland Located in the heart of the Rocky Mountains, St. James's Gate, established in 1996, was built and manufactured in Dublin, Ireland. The authenticity of the imported Irish woodwork and fantastic artifacts make St. James Gate one of the premier Irish Pubs in the world. The Gate has a warm friendly atmosphere that makes you feel instantly at home. Rub shoulders with local residents and tourists from around the world. The bartenders are friendly and prepare the drinks with care and consideration and the staff proves just what a capable & fun group of servers is worth. It's everything an Irish Pub should be.
Clare, United Kingdom
“Looking Forward to Our Next Visit”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2014

We visited a couple of times during our stay and really enjoyed it. We were always met by a happy friendly greeting and taken promptly to our table. If it was busy we were told how long it would be before a table was available and so went elsewhere to eat. On each occasion we ate there the food was really good I had pie one night and burger on another my wife had Salmon once and a Salad my son ate off the kids menu. All the food was really tasty and was cooked to perfection. Every time we visited we had Kasia as our host i would like give her a special mention she was very attentive we didn't have to wait long to be served our food or drinks and although she was busy she always had time to chat to find out how our day had been and what we had been up to and she appeared to be the same with all the tables she was covering. What i also liked was that on the menu the pie was supposed to come with salad, not being a salad fan i asked for fries and this seemed to be no problem at all.
I would recommend St James Gate to anyone visiting Banff as it is a great place the atmosphere is great as is the decor i would say though that if you have never been to Ireland this is not a typical Irish pub.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Edmonton, Canada
“Loved this place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2014

Came here in late March for the first time and we cannot wait to come back.

Service was great and the atmosphere was very comfortable. They had an extensive beer selection and carried some of our favorites which you rarely see in other pubs. And the food...wow the food was killer.

Every pub I go to I have to try the fish and chips, the fish and chips here was quite honestly the best I have ever had. Its not the usual garbage other pubs sell - you know, the deepfried captain highliner's brand you would find in a high school cafeteria where the school really hates the children. The fish they had here was massive, it was bigger than the plate they served it on. The fish was done perfectly with the batter golden brown, the fish was fluffy and moist and the coleslaw was perfect too. My fiance had the nachos half order(which was still pretty huge) and it was good too, you cant really mess up nachos though. We had irish nachos in a pub in Regina where they used waffle cut french fries instead of chips - they should probably do that here too to kick them up a notch.

But anyways this place rocked and we'll be coming here everytime we are in Banff.

Vancouver BC
“Happy hour bonus ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2014 via mobile

We picked this place after reading TripAdvisor reviews. Home run!
Happy hour (Mon-Wed 3-6) had just started 2 for 1 appy's and discounts on their selection of draught beer.
Food quality was excellent & server was very informative. I highly recommend this place. I'm only sad I live too far away to be a regular customer.

Ottawa
“Good beer selection mediocre food. Atmosphere is so so.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2014 via mobile

It's an ok spot for a brew but go somewhere else for eats. The nachos where good but we've had some mediocre meals. It's worth a visit if for nothing lose then a few drinks. Our server was great, a musician who was very kind and positive with a very nice smile.

Visited March 2014
College Park, Maryland
“Best Mac and Cheese EVER!!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2014

I'm serious. I have never in my life had a more delicious mac and cheese. I have no idea what made it so spectacular, but wow. The atmosphere here was great. They had some live music on the night we were there. I would definitely go back.

• 3 of 5 bubbles