“Best breakfast menu I've ever seen”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Tooloulou's

Tooloulou's
Ranked #4 of 143 Restaurants in Banff
Price range: US$4 - US$36
Cuisines: Canadian, American, Cajun & Creole
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Tooloulou's is a locally owned and operated restaurant in Banff Alberta. We offer sizeable Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner menu choices with a Cajun Creole touch & some Canadian flair. Full Breakfast menu is served till 2:00pm daily. Laissez les bon temps rouler! (Let the good times roll !)
“Best breakfast menu I've ever seen”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

Great service, awesome menu, delicious food and wonderful service from a young lady with blonde hair and a nice smile. Highly reccomend it!

• Visited July 2014

• Korean first
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Bad service, decent food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

Our waiter was new on the job and apologised for forgetting our appetisers and mixing up one person's order, but we got no compensation of any sort. The jambalaya was fairly good and spicy, but some other entrees were deemed disappointing.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Renee S
Catherine S, Owner at Tooloulou's, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
I was very sorry to hear of your dissatisfaction dining with us at Tooloulou's. It is not our policy to fully charge guests for menu items that are dissappointing nor to ignore mistakes made by our servers. I would ask that you contact me if you have the time as I would like to pursue your comments further. Thank you so much.
Chicago
“Loved the food, not the odd moments...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

The food here was great, but there were a couple of strange moments. First the good, and that was the food. The BBQ Pork Po’boy was outrageously good. I would say it was the best pork I had in town. Excellent sweet potatoes and house salad. Gluten free options as well that my wife enjoyed (smoked salmon on GF toast). OK the strange; no one seems to know how to lock the bathroom doors. There is no visible lock. I guess you have to push the handle in and turn right. I walked in on person sitting on the toilet and another trying to hold the door handle while taking care of business...."there's no lock" he yelled out. Maybe a new door handle might work….or a sign that says “Knock before entering”. Maybe no one has embarrassingly complained. Next, the restaurant has Wi-Fi, but won’t give up the password. It’s only for management we were told. This was the only place in town we had that issue, and of course came right at the 24 hour mark where we needed to get our airplane seat assignments. Loved the food, wish they would work on the other two issues.

• Visited July 2014
Catherine S, Owner at Tooloulou's, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Thank you so much for your wonderful comments about your meals at Tooloulou's! As well, thank you for your comments about your 'odd moments' in our restaurant. Although we have not received many personal comments on locking our washroom doors (and yes, one does have to push and turn the handle ... and yes, there is no sign to direct our guests) your comment does help us to understand how best to service our guests and as such, the washroom locks have been changed ... so we thank you for helping us out! As for WiFi, our office on the premises works from WiFi however we do not advertise free WiFi in our restaurant and at present, it is not available to our customers. That said, we are looking into correcting the situation and again, we thank you for your comments!
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Best Breakfast!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2014

We overheard the barista tell a customer that Tooloulou's offers the best breakfast in the area, so of course we had to try it. Glad we did because it was the best breakfast of our trip. I had the Etienne Benedict, which was an eggs Benedict over corned beef hash and a side of home fries. Oh my gosh, that hit the spot! Coffee was delicious and was filled often by our very cheery and sweet waitress. I swear, we had the most excellent service throughout our travels in Jasper and Banff! All the staff we've encountered were international young and friendly people - from Australia, Antigua, Philippines, the UK. I would highly recommend this as a breakfast spot to everyone in Banff. Come early as it is a small restaurant. Very cute Louisiana Creole inspired decor and menu.

• Visited June 2014
Horsham, United Kingdom
“Great when fresh cooked, avoid sandwiches/wraps”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

We started with chicken wings in tabasco and luckily shared one portion between us because you get loads.  This was delicious.  OH then had bbq ribs and dirty rice, which he enjoyed and rated the ribs very highly.  I had a wrap featuring chicken, bacon, lettuce, tomato and avocado.  It was meant to come with ranch sauce and jack cheese, but I requested mine without - a lot of things on the menu do come with cheese and personally, I'm not a fan of the melty plastic stuff.  I still had loads to eat, but disappointingly there wasn't much of the smoky sauce in evidence and the chicken was really cheap and nasty.  Judging by the shape and texture, I'd say it was reconstituted.  A sad contrast with the lovely wings I'd had as a starter.  So, I'd recommend meat on the bone, for the better quality.
It's really nicely decorated with lots of character.

Visited June 2014
Catherine S, Owner at Tooloulou's, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
We thank you so much for your positive and constructive thoughts about your meals with us here at Tooloulou's. I sincerely wish you had let your server know that you were unhappy with your sandwich wrap.....we would have loved to have the opportunity to correct your dissatisfaction. I can only say at this point that we do actually cook everything from scratch and that the chicken in your wrap was the real thing. I encourange you to contact me personally to further discuss your comments. Again, thank you.