“Ordered all Mexican, tasty but pricey”
Review of El Toro Restaurant

El Toro Restaurant
Ranked #38 of 148 Restaurants in Banff
Price range: US$10 - US$27
Cuisines: Mexican, Spanish
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: El Toro after a long day skiing or for your romantic dinner in our warm and cozy atmosphere! Tapas, Chateaubriand for two or delicious steak will be sure to satisfy all taste buds!
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Family of 4. We ordered 3 tapas to start. My husband and son ordered a main each and my daughter and I shared the fajitas. The food was good but I found expensive. Fajitas for example were $21 and came with 4 small tortillas and an abundance of chicken, peppers, onions, etc. Each extra tortilla was an additional .50 cents each. We were full with 2 fajitas each but ordered 4 more to go with the leftovers. Server was not attentive; seemed understaffed. Atmosphere felt like an dark steakhouse if you werent sat near the windows up front.

1  Thank rcrnko

Reviewed 12 August 2014

The best meal that we had during the entire trip!! We had dinner and breakfast here, prices were reasonable and staff were all very friendly and accommodating!! High recommend having a meal here!

Reviewed 11 August 2014

We had breakfast. Eggs and bacon, potatoes, and toast. Good food. I asked for salsa and was surprised that in a Mexican restaurant it was extra for $2. I'm from Arizona and we always get free salsa when we ask for it. I declined. I would however recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

I have lived in Banff for years and tried El Toros for the first time in July. I regret not having gone sooner. We tried the ginger beef skewers and deep fried goat cheese balls to start and they were absolutely delicious. I had the burrito for my main and my husband had a steak - once again cooked and flavoured to perfection. I opted to try a pina colada and it was the best I have ever had. Our Server Edyta was very knowledgeable about the food and offered great suggestions and quick service. Overall it was a great experience and I recommend this restaurant to everyone.

2  Thank Jessica I
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Had a good meal here on our last night in Banff. This place is located up Banff Av and not in the tourist center. It was worth the walk. Decent value and all kinds of choices, Spanish and Mexican. We stuck with Mexican and I had one of the best quesadillas ever. The fajitas were also quite good. Nice atmosphere too. Service was just OK.