“Memorable”

Price range: US$10 - US$27
Cuisines: Mexican, Spanish
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: El Toro after a long day skiing or for your romantic dinner in our warm and cozy atmosphere! Tapas, Chateaubriand for two or delicious steak will be sure to satisfy all taste buds!
Reviewed 26 August 2014

Very good food and friendly service. I really liked their fajitas and although the restaurant was quite busy the service was excellent.
Out server was very informative and was fully knowledgable about the menu.
I would recommend this restaurant to everyone.

Reviewed 23 August 2014

Ate here since we were staying at the adjoining hotel. Found the food pricy and just average. The service was mediocre as well...

2  Thank sandybaham
Reviewed 19 August 2014

We went here on a recommendation and were not disappointed. The service was excellent. We had the Chateaubriand (for two) which was cooked to perfection. Our only disappointment is that we didn't have room for a dessert!

Reviewed 17 August 2014

Only went here for breakfast as the menu appealed.

Very nice food - scrambled eggs were great and a coffee cup that was continually being refilled always good in my opinion.

Surprised that maple syrup is an extra cost on pancakes. First time in Canada but I had the impression it would be a standard item like salt and pepper.

Very friendly staff.

Reviewed 15 August 2014

We just happened to be staying at the sister hotel next door and the desk clerk suggested we try this restaurant because my husband wanted a great burger. Well, were we surprised! Not only do they have possibly the best "gourmet" burger with a generous portion of Caramelized onions, sautéed mushrooms and cheese but they are renown for their Chateaubriand and great Tapas dishes. I had a grilled vegetable salad with goat cheese and a side order of grilled scallops. Everything was delicious! Little did I know but upon talking with a friend of mine who just happens to live a few minute from Banff, I found out that this is considered the best restaurant in Banff!

3  Thank Lois T