“The Keg always solid”

The Keg Steakhouse + Bar - Banff Caribou
Reserve with OpenTable
The Keg Steakhouse + Bar - Banff Caribou is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #21 of 147 Restaurants in Banff
Price range: US$20 - US$25
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, Canadian
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Great steaks, a casual ambiance and friendly, very knowledgeable staff are the proud and reliable trademarks of The Keg Steakhouse & Bar. You'll find a truly comfortable and satisfying dining atmosphere accompanied by a fun and casual bar setting. Each is a welcoming destination on its own, and together they create an energetic and inviting, uniquely gratifying restaurant experience. The Keg is a casual steakhouse with a contemporary flavor - an attractive combination for any occasion.
Calgary
“The Keg always solid”
Reviewed 16 November 2013

Had a great meal. You can always count on the
The Keg. Rib Eye, mmm mmm super tender and perfectly
done, as was the service, and a nice spot right in the hotel we were staying in.
Looking forward to Sunday brunch at a Keg.

• Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Edmonton, Canada
“Not like other Kegs”
Reviewed 15 November 2013

Being from Edmonton we have a lot of Kegs to choose from. Unfortunately the location in Banff does not share the consistency the other Kegs have.

The service overall was great, the food is the issue we had during our 2 visits in the 2 days we were there.

Our first night we were served by Danny, who was attentive, friendly and very quick. I ordered the 8 oz steak with all the fixins. The steak was to my liking however it did not have as much of a flavor kick that I am used to at the other locations. The sides were a bit tiny and you could tell the veggies had been past their prime.

My girlfriend ordered the corn chowder, she barely ate any and passed it off to me. I eat like a horse but I couldnt bring myself to finish it either, it was super watered down and not worth the price. It was pretty much boiled corn with cream and a few bits of bacon.

The second time we went was just for dessert. I forget our waitresses name but she was pretty nice as well, and quick with our service. We always go for the brownie sundae, but this time the brownie was solid, like a brick. After we ate the waitress spoke to us for a bit, she mentioned there was a poor guy who threw up everywhere in the dining room, so much that it required an ambulance to check him out. Thankfully we were seated in the lounge and didnt know until we were told, he must have had the corn chowder - hope he is alright!

Canada
“Great Ambience, fantastic discounted wine list, poor service”
Reviewed 15 November 2013

We went for their discounted wine list which they run every November. Food was good, great selection of wines (although heavy on California wines) but absolutely terrible (or maybe I should say non-existent) service. We would have ordered another glass of wine if we would have seen our waiter again after he had dropped off the bill more than 30 minutes ago. Also, no top-off of wine (maybe that's just not included in discounted bottles) and no water refill until we tracked down another server.... (and it wasn't busy)

Bracknell, United Kingdom
“Best steaks ever.”
Reviewed 11 November 2013

We had been to the Keg before, a few years ago, and had looked forward to a return visit.
It was a Saturday evening on a holiday weekend and we were almost put off by the suggested 90 minute wait for a table! However after only about 40 minutes in the bar we (my wife, my daughter and myself) were relocated to the main restaurant.
The service in both the bar and the restaurant was excellent.
The steaks are not cheap but the quality is second to none.
We all had the rib steak and when we saw it we were glad that we had opted not to have appetizers! They looked huge but I suppose that 20oz is larger than normal! The meat really did melt in your mouth and was cooked to perfection. Great value for the quality.
Ps: we did manage to squeeze in some desserts!!

Visited November 2013
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Big prime steak”
Reviewed 6 November 2013

We've actually stayed in the hotel and enjoyed the relax atmosphere of the bar, and the breakfast choice. But the prime steak I had for dinner was probably the best meal of my holiday there. It was huge so didn't really need the salad and chips on the side. In fact, i couldn't finish the whole steak so it made a nice lunch the following day thanks to staff providing a box to take it away. One if the best foods in the area I think.

• Visited October 2013