“Beautiful setting just a bit pricey.”
Review of Bow Valley Grill

Bow Valley Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Bow Valley Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #39 of 148 Restaurants in Banff
Price range: US$26 - US$34
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Canadian, Grill
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Buffet, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Transit: There is a bus service run by the town which runs approximately every 40 minutes into Banff. Fare is $2.00 per person. The bus operates daily from 6:35 a.m. until 11:15 p.m. The bus stop is located directly outside the front of the hotel on Spray Ave.
Description: Savour the very best in authentic Rocky Mountain cuisine at the Bow Valley Grill - home to our legendary weekend brunch. Enjoy majestic views of Banff National Park in a relaxed family friendly atmosphere that celebrates the spirit of the outdoors, with handcrafted sculptures and tables constructed by local Albertan artisans. An impressive open kitchen provides an opportunity to see our talented chefs in action as they create delectable meals using seasonal organic produce and a focus from farm to table.
Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

Our meal was really good but as you would expect at the Banff Springs it was pricey. Service was great with our waitress being very attentive. Fantastic decore.

There are newer reviews for Bow Valley Grill

Reviewed 28 April 2014

I've dined at the Bow Valley Grill numerous times over the years. Our latest experience was disappointing.

I think by far the greatest strength of this restaurant is their dinner buffet. The buffet always has a large selection of excellent options to provide a diner to everyone's great delight. Sadly, the buffet was not available during our visit.

The a la carte menu usually is excellent, but on our visit this past weekend they featured a new menu. The new menu I found quite lack lustre - especially for a prestigious establishment that you patronize for a premium experience. I'd put the new menu at average at best. I was hoping for something exceptional as we have had in the past. The premium pricing of the meal certainly set my expectations high, which led to my disappointment. I have no problem whatsoever paying a premium price, but I would like a premium dinner in return.

My wife ordered the chicken offering from the new menu. My wife is a petite woman and generally a light eater, but even with a salad appetizer and the customary bread, she left dinner still hungry.

I had the prime rib offering from the new menu. It was decent, but no different than anything I could have had from a generic steakhouse. I was hoping for something with a little wow factor - as I have had so many other times at this restaurant.

The wine list was quite decent. We appreciated the selections available.

As always, the ambience is always excellent with a beautiful mountain view. The staff is always excellent, kind, and helpful. They attend to our needs not too little and not too much - which many other places could learn from.

FairmontMTNResorts, Manager at Bow Valley Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2014

Thank you for your feedback! We are always stiving to improve and we appreciated your comments. I will pass along your comments to our Executive Chef, so he can make any changes necessary. Thank you again and we do hope you visit soon!

Reviewed 19 April 2014

Had a fantastic time at the brunch buffet. A HUGE selection of quality options. The service was also great. I found the brunch buffet to be way overpriced at $46 + tax & tip. If you stay and eat for 2-3 hours, then it might be worth it.

FairmontMTNResorts, Manager at Bow Valley Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2014

Thank you for your feedback and we are so glad that you enjoyed the huge selection and the service. We will ensure to pass along your comments to Management for review! We hope that you decide to visit us again soon!

Reviewed 30 March 2014

We had dinner and breakfast.
The prime rib is very nice, the roasted half chicken was great as well. Too full for dessert.
The breakfast was buffet or menu, we had buffet, lots of choices. Could not find Eggs Benedict and when we asked they made them right then and there. Large windows with views of the mountains, nicely decorated.

FairmontMTNResorts, Manager at Bow Valley Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2014

We are so glad you enjoyed both Dinner and Breakfast at the Bow Valley Grill. It is so nice to hear that the Chef's made Eggs Benedict, they are so delicious! Please visit again soon!

Reviewed 30 March 2014

great selection in the buffet, lots of vegetarian friendly items and very helpful staff and chefs.chefs made us allergy free items which were amazing and much appreciated.

Thank you for your wonderful review of the Bow Valley Grill. We are so glad that the Chef's were able to make special allergy free items! We hope to see you back again soon!