“Great Food Great Service”
Review of Bow Valley Grill

Bow Valley Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Bow Valley Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #37 of 148 Restaurants in Banff
Price range: US$25 - US$33
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Canadian, Grill
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Buffet, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Transit: There is a bus service run by the town which runs approximately every 40 minutes into Banff. Fare is $2.00 per person. The bus operates daily from 6:35 a.m. until 11:15 p.m. The bus stop is located directly outside the front of the hotel on Spray Ave.
Description: Savour the very best in authentic Rocky Mountain cuisine at the Bow Valley Grill - home to our legendary weekend brunch. Enjoy majestic views of Banff National Park in a relaxed family friendly atmosphere that celebrates the spirit of the outdoors, with handcrafted sculptures and tables constructed by local Albertan artisans. An impressive open kitchen provides an opportunity to see our talented chefs in action as they create delectable meals using seasonal organic produce and a focus from farm to table. *Please note that the Bow Valley Grill will be closing as of January 01, 2018
Reviewed 8 June 2014

We ate two breakfasts and a dinner here. The breakfast buffet was wonderful with just about anything you are looking for. The dinner was absolutely delicious and the service would be hard to beat. The meals are a bit pricey but not out of line with other high end resorts. The staff was extremely helpful and knowledgeable.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

We had a lovely brunch here with excellent service, as in the past, however we decided on this visit that $45 per person is just too pricey. Even though the selection is large, value for price is poor: you can only eat so much food, and given that we arrived at 11:30 am, all of us stuck to lighter fare rather than the roast beef etc. Not sure that we'll be back, except perhaps if we have guests coming in who have never been before.

Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

Our meal was really good but as you would expect at the Banff Springs it was pricey. Service was great with our waitress being very attentive. Fantastic decore.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

I've dined at the Bow Valley Grill numerous times over the years. Our latest experience was disappointing.

I think by far the greatest strength of this restaurant is their dinner buffet. The buffet always has a large selection of excellent options to provide a diner to everyone's great delight. Sadly, the buffet was not available during our visit.

The a la carte menu usually is excellent, but on our visit this past weekend they featured a new menu. The new menu I found quite lack lustre - especially for a prestigious establishment that you patronize for a premium experience. I'd put the new menu at average at best. I was hoping for something exceptional as we have had in the past. The premium pricing of the meal certainly set my expectations high, which led to my disappointment. I have no problem whatsoever paying a premium price, but I would like a premium dinner in return.

My wife ordered the chicken offering from the new menu. My wife is a petite woman and generally a light eater, but even with a salad appetizer and the customary bread, she left dinner still hungry.

I had the prime rib offering from the new menu. It was decent, but no different than anything I could have had from a generic steakhouse. I was hoping for something with a little wow factor - as I have had so many other times at this restaurant.

The wine list was quite decent. We appreciated the selections available.

As always, the ambience is always excellent with a beautiful mountain view. The staff is always excellent, kind, and helpful. They attend to our needs not too little and not too much - which many other places could learn from.

FairmontMTNResorts, Manager at Bow Valley Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2014

Thank you for your feedback! We are always stiving to improve and we appreciated your comments. I will pass along your comments to our Executive Chef, so he can make any changes necessary. Thank you again and we do hope you visit soon!

Jessica P.
Fairmont Banff Springs Food and Beverage Manager

Reviewed 19 April 2014

Had a fantastic time at the brunch buffet. A HUGE selection of quality options. The service was also great. I found the brunch buffet to be way overpriced at $46 + tax & tip. If you stay and eat for 2-3 hours, then it might be worth it.

FairmontMTNResorts, Manager at Bow Valley Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2014

Thank you for your feedback and we are so glad that you enjoyed the huge selection and the service. We will ensure to pass along your comments to Management for review! We hope that you decide to visit us again soon!

Jessica P.