“Great food, excellent service”
Review of Rundle Lounge

Rundle Lounge
Reserve with OpenTable
Rundle Lounge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #25 of 151 Restaurants in Banff
Price range: US$8 - US$20
Cuisines: Barbecue, Bar
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Transit: There is a bus service run by the town which runs approximately every 40 minutes into Banff. Fare is $2.00 per person. The bus operates daily from 6:35 a.m. until 11:15 p.m. The closest bus stop is located directly out the front of the hotel on Spray Ave.
Description: Pleasant and bright by day, enchanting and intimate by night, the Rundle Lounge is a wonderful place to relax and enjoy Banff's best mountain views. Travel the world one cocktail at a time with our Fairmont Modern Classics menu, or sip from an extensive selection of international beer, scotch and port. Be sure to sample our seasonally inspired all-day dining menu featuring delicious shareable appetizers, soups, salads, gourmet sandwiches and burgers from the grill.
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Four of us at two dinners in the Rundle Lounge, and none of us was in the least disappointed with the food. Both of our servers (one of each gender) were personable and very accommodating. When one of our group wrote on a survey slip that he was sorry that there was no fruit plate dessert on the menu, the server came back with exactly such an arrangement (which apparently was on the children's menu) and provided it free of charge! I don't know how often you can get away with this, though.

Reviewed 20 July 2014

Title says it all. We sat outside on the terrace and soaked put he views. Staff were all very helpful and friendly. Food was well presented and tasty. Fair prices as well.

1  Thank traindriver240
Reviewed 19 July 2014

The patio outside the Rundle Room proved an excellent choice with fabulous views, and outstanding food at fair prices. I chose the bison burger, at $22 the most expensive item on the menu, and it was the best burger I have had anywhere.

Reviewed 18 July 2014

As a special treat for my two girls we booked afternoon tea at the Banff Springs (aka castle). The Rundle Lounge is beautifully decorated with a view of the mountains that cannot be beat! The tea was wonderful!!! Course after course of delicious food! Started off with fresh berries, then on to tea scones (sweet and savory), then onto a three tiered platter of sandwiches and sweets. A great assortment and something for every taste. I enjoyed the experience as did my girls. I would do this again in a heartbeat. The price is $41.00/ person ( my 2&3 year olds were free). Do not wait if you have to go to the bathroom. It is a bit of a walk and I got lost a few times HAHA! The hotel and the grounds are beautiful, so after tea take some time to walk around and appreciate the hotel, there are guided tours so you won't miss a thing!!

Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

After a fantastic afternoon tea at Fairmont on Vancouver island myself and a friend thought we would have another afternoon tea whilst the husband's played golf.

We booked three days in advance and requested one gluten free tea. We were informed this would not be a problem. On arrival it became clear that the gluten free message had not for through. Whilst all the good we had was lovely - I was given a muffin instead of scones, all my sandwiches were on white bread and the filling's had little imagination - tomato in one and pesto in one. All but one of my cakes were shop bought, so was slightly disappointed and no offer of a free drink!! The difference between this and the one on Vancouver island were incredible - here I had a selection of tasty sandwiches in a variety of breads and home made cakes and scones. Will definitely be visiting there again not sure about here, although the view from the Rundle lounge was amazing.

I did inform the manager of the restaurant of my concerns they agreed to refund my afternoon tea but not my friends even though it affected us both. An still waiting for the refund 2 weeks later and have had to contact them again.

2  Thank TrevandSops