“Just o.k.”

Ranked #43 of 147 Restaurants in Banff
Price range: US$9 - US$35
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Famous for Ribs since 1972, and located in the heart of Banff inside the historic Mount Royal Hotel. At Tony Roma's Banff we are best know for; our Baby Back and 4 other styles of ribs, served in our house-made signature BBQ sauces; AAA Certified Alberta Angus Beef Steaks, fresh never frozen, and triple-marbled Prime Rib. Well-suited for all members of the family, there is something for everyone! Gluten-Free and Children's Menu's available. Large groups are welcome. Dining available in our main dining area, or our well-appointed lounge, complete with 75" TV's & fireplace. All ages welcome. Reservations are recommended.
Gulf Shores, Alabama
“Just o.k.”
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Had eaten at a Tony Roma's in Aruba, wasn't that impressed, but this one looked so good thought would give it another change. Shouldn't have, the food was eatable but not good, price wouldn't have been bad for great food, it wasn't. The service wasn't good or bad. was average. I wouldn't recommend it. I will not go back to another Tony Roma's. It is in a great location in the middle of downtown, good atomsphere. Nice view of the streets so you can watch what is happening outside and around town.

1 Thank CarribeanBound1

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Westlock, Canada
“Perfect!”
Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

This restaurants food and atmosphere was just as awesome as the pretty high end places we ate in Banff. The ribs were perfect. We sat upstairs by the window overlooking the street below! Great spot.

Liverpool, England
“Satisfactory”
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Welcoming staff. Quick polite pleasantly chatty service. Menu typical for area. Competitively priced.
My wife had Miami shrimp which she enjoyed. I had a half rack of their St Louis ribs which I found a bit tough - the meat certainly wasn't falling the bone.

It was dinner but not a memorable event.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank bnq
Nanaimo, Canada
“heat the ribs please”
Reviewed 30 May 2014

I remember great ribs at Tony's at the Toronto airport. Not here in Banff. I had a regular sized order of ribs, with a baked potato and some vegetables.

The server had been there six months, no excuse for not knowing his business. Baked potato arrived loaded; I wasn't asked if I wanted it stuffed. I don't eat cheese. I got a new potato, with nothing. Ok, eventually bacon came and some olive oil.

Six small pieces of broccoli was the 'vegetable'.

The ribs were lukewarm. I sent them back, came back equally luke warm.

I wish I hadn't taken Food Safe. I know food should be heated properly before serving. Maybe the kitchen will figure it out....anyway not the best joint for ribs in Banff. Shop around.

• Visited May 2014
TR_TonyRomas, Public Relations Manager at Tony Roma's, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Hi Sharon,

First and foremost, we'd like to apologize for your most recent visit to Tony Roma's. It is our responsibility to provide a comfortable and inviting experience as well as freshly served food at the proper temperatures. Would you mind writing to socialmedia@romacorp.com? We'd like to hear more from you. Please include your contact information, a brief description and which location you visited?

We hope to hear from you soon!

Team TR
Wexford, Ireland
“Nice place!”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

This was our first time in a Tony Roma's restaurant. Everything about this place was great. Food was delicious and very nice scenery of Banff town. We would definitely visit again.