“The ONLY dog sledding in Banff National Park”

Kingmik Dog Sled Tours
Sydney, Australia
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“The ONLY dog sledding in Banff National Park”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2013

We spent Christmas/New Year 2012 in Banff/Lake Louise - and it was the perfect place for a couple of Aussies to experience a "White Christmas".

One of the highlights of the holiday was a Dog Sledding tour with Kingmik Dog Sled Tours (the ONLY dog sledding in Banff National Park). We were lucky to get on a tour - as they get booked out way in advance - so keep this in mind. Whilst quite an expensive tour - we wouldn't have missed it for the world.

The tour group was small (ie they restrict the total number of dog sleds to a handful) - and the staff were just lovely and quite obviously loved their dogs and treated them with such compassion. We were given plenty of opportunities to take photos - and even had a go at leading the dogs.

We were staying at Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise which is only a couple of minutes on foot from where the tour starts and ends. There are other companies that operate out of Banff - but keep in mind they are MUCH bigger and offer a much less intimate experience - plus they do not operate in Banff National Park which is so peaceful and beautiful. I would definitely chose Kingmik over any other dog sledding company in the area - and I would definitely take the 1 hour bus trip from Banff to get to Lake Louise for the tour (it would be included in the price).

Make sure you wear warm clothing because it's freezing out there (we bought those hand/foot warmers to put in our gloves and boots which helped enormously).

Visited December 2012
4 Thank Bluemozzie

Sunrise, Florida, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Dog Sled Ride.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2013

This was a first time dog sledding for the both for us, it was a lot of fun. Megan the owner happen to be our driver and she was wonderful; she took the time to discuss how well the dog's are taken care of, as well as their history. I was not sure how I would feel having dogs pull me through the snow (my being a dog lover), however when I was educated by Megan and how well the dogs are taken care of I felt better. We also got to drive the sled as well. I most certainly recommend taking the dog sled ride.

3 Thank Larry G
Miami, Florida
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 82 helpful votes
“Our dog sledding adventure”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2013

We went dogsledding yesterday and were lucky enough to have Megan as our driver. It was a wonderful, exhilarating experience and I highly recommend it when staying in Lake Louise. The dogs are loved and respected by the staff and are rewarded with a big hunk of meat after each run. Try it you'll like it.

1 Thank suzidoucha
Atlanta, Georgia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“What a great time!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2013

My husband and I took the two hour Great Divide tour on March 8, 2013. What a wonderful and unique experience! The dogs are wonderfully friendly and is so obvious how well they are cared for. We were lucky enough to ride with Kingmik's owner, who has such an incredible passion for the sport, the dogs, and her guests and that comes shining through in the tremendous experience she provides for her guests. This is an experience not to be missed, and is worth EVERY PENNY!!!

1 Thank kla122968
Calgary, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great guides and amazing dogs”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2013

Thank you to Craig for such a great day in Lake Louise. We loved all the interaction with all the dogs and all the information. You can really tell that the guides care about these dogs and love their jobs.
I would definately recommend this company to anyone looking for a very informative and amazing experience.

Thanks again!