“Deer Lodge was simply awesome!!!”
Review of Deer Lodge

Deer Lodge
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Lake Louise
Los Angeles, California
“Deer Lodge was simply awesome!!!”
Reviewed 7 September 2012

Deer Lodge was simply a great place to stay. It was at the perfect location and is the only other hotel located on Lake Louise besides the expensive Fairmont. The staff was very helpful and courteous and the front desk manager, Matthew, went above and beyond expectations to make our family's stay very memorable. Lake Louise is simply "world-class" and make sure to visit Lake Moraine and Lake Agnes...simply the best scenery around and make sure that you book Deer Lodge as this place is very historical and very charming. The lodge has great food too. Will definitely vist Lake Louise and Deer Lodge again!!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Michael W
CRMRManagment, Sales Coordinator at Deer Lodge, responded to this review, 13 September 2012
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at Deer Lodge. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us, including our location. Being just a 5 minute walk from Lake Louise allows guests to experience the lake without worrying about commuting from their hotel. We are also pleased that you experienced great customer service; this is certainly the standard we strive for. We look forward to welcoming you again at the lodge!
Many Thanks and Kind Regards,
Sales Coordinator for Deer Lodge

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (296)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
West Chester, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 7 September 2012

I arrived at Deer Lodge around 10p.m. mid-week on a newly acquired pair of crutches. The staff took wonderful care of me!!! Upgraded my room so that I would not have to hop up three flights of stairs. Carried up my luggage and a bucket of ice for my broken ankle. After I checked out the next day, I had to wait in their lounge for about 8 hours for my ride. The wait staff and the manager checked on me numerous times. Again made sure that I had ice for my ankle. Made sure that I had water to drink. Served me lunch in my lounge chair, etc. They were just wonderful. The lodge itself is charming and comfortable. What killed me, was that it was a five minute walk to Lake Louise and I never got to see the lake. Also I was sorry to not learn until I left that when you stand in the lodge's parking lot, there is a stunningly beautiful glacier that overlooks the lot.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank LeaB59
Haverfordwest
Reviewed 6 September 2012

We stayed in this hotel on the last night of a month long holiday in Canada and Alaska,we had a Heritage room which is larger .
The room was ok but is tired and the carpet dirty,the safe was broken with a note stuck to the front saying not to use.The bathroom small and if you are a slightly large person would not be able the use the toilet as there was no space.The wash basin was cracked and had brown stains in the crack and around the plug hole,the shower rail was black with mould and had not been cleaned in months if not years.
On the morning we were checking out we had no hot water to shower and when we asked if there was a problem we were told to wait as it was an old hotel,shame the pricing did not refect the age.
Good points the food in the resuarant was excellent as was the service with the manager being very polite and helpful.
This hotel only does well because of it position near Lake Louise.

Room Tip: Use another hotel
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank SwattyHaverfordwest
Alexandria, Virginia
Reviewed 3 September 2012

I spent one night at Deer Lodge and had a nice time there. Staff friendly, accommodations nice. The lunch we had in the lounge was wonderful. Would stay there again. Parking is right there on the lot.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Bazilu25
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 September 2012

My wife and I were booked in here for 2 nights and from the outside the accommodation looked delightful. It was only when we were shown our room that our hearts sank. The room we were shown was so small, drab, could hardly walk by the bed, and with only one window so high my wife could barely see out of it. The furniture had seen better days and the bathroom was so dated, and with chipped tiles, the shower head hanging off, cobwebs above the light, it was not at all to our satisfaction. I immediately went back to reception and explained we were not at all happy with the room we had been given and would like an upgrade. The receptionist was very helpful, explained that all the rooms at this rate were the same, but offered us a room which was the exact opposite to the one we were first shown but would be an extra $100 a night but would let us have it for $70. This was delightful and we accepted this room without hesitation. Unfortunately, it was only available for one night so would have to change to another room for the second night. We were given a 'Queen' room which, although was slightly larger than the first room and with excellent views, the same could be said that it was drab and in need of refurbishment. Could they not knock two rooms into one? However, I cannot fault the food and the friendliness of the staff. On our departure no charge was made for our change in accommodation for the 2 nights. One up for the Management.

Room Tip: Only have the King size rooms - all the others need a complete refurbishment and enlarging.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ken B
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 September 2012

Exactly what we needed for an overnight stay during our road trip.

Rooms clean and cosy, location five minute walk from lake and staff friendly.

Too tired to venture out for dinner, so ate here. Food fantastic, service wonderful and prices competitive for area.

Highly recommended.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Clare B B
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 2 September 2012 via mobile

This lovely lodge is 5 minutes walk from Lake Louise. My room was comfortable and clean. The resuarant puts on a fantastic breakie and you have to try out the hot tub. Things to know .. No tv in the rooms, they have a rec room for that. It's a great so people can mingle.. It's a relaxing stay :-)

Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
#1 of 10 in Lake Louise
Baker Creek Mountain Resort
Baker Creek Mountain Resort
#3 of 10 in Lake Louise

Been to Deer Lodge? Share your experiences!