“Rockies trip”

Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Lake Louise
Perth, Australia
“Rockies trip”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

The Inn was okay. Bad start all Lake Louise cut off from power, generator worked out fine.
Staff helpful and pleasant. Room good, quiet decent size, bathroom a little small.
Good location to village -walking distance. Breakfast adequate and meal options available other times.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank kathy320
Lake-Louise-Inn, General Manager at Lake Louise Inn, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Dear Kathy 320,

We truly appreciate your positive review! I am sorry your arrival coincided with a community wide electrical black-out. As you mentioned, we provided generator power to compensate. I hope you were thrilled by the beauty of our surroundings!
Regards,
Lake Louise Inn

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (452)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Reviewed 26 May 2014

May I start out by saying I have never been prompted to review a place online until now, but felt it was worth a few minutes of my time just to protect other consumers out there from this awful place. I just returned from my first (and last) ever trip to the Lake Louise Inn. The reason for my stay was a quick trip to the Rockies to arrange some details for my wedding. I regret entirely that I didn't pay the extra hundred dollars to just stay at my venue (Emerald Lake Lodge) now, since they offer fantastic service, a good view, are pet-friendly, and offer a rustic room with a fireplace. And now since Lake Louise Inn is trying to charge me nearly $600 for a one-night stay in the most basic room available with 2 double beds, I'm really regretting my choice.
First off, the room was nothing to speak about - beds weren't even anchored to the walls so when we first got to the room and my fiancé sat down on the edge of the bed (to avoid the foot stool with the questionable stain on it I might add!) he launched the bed up towards the ceiling and was given quite a shock. Seems the least you could do is anchor a bed properly in a hotel. The pool area was a little retro, as was the dining area, but we figured what could you expect out of a more budget accommodation. We could have done without the $4 apiece muffins which were your typical store-bought style, not even as big as the 20 cent muffin I get with McDonalds coffee.

It was at checkout time that I really got to enjoy their hospitality. When I went to check out, I was not-so-pleasantly informed that the room I had been placed in was a non-pet friendly room and I would now be responsible for a $200 cleaning fee on top of a $50 pet fee. She acted as though I had been trying to hide my dog when I had been bringing him all over the property and was never approached by a single staff member about him. I assured her I knew about the $50 pet fee and had booked my room with the understanding of a pet-friendly place to stay. I had booked through Travelocity and filled out all the pertinent details of my stay, and right on my receipt was promised a $50 fee for my furry family member to be paid at check in or check out. I advised her that at no time had my check-in agent asked for additional details about my pet so I assumed I would be paying at check out. I asked her how was I to know I was supposed to be in a different room block - based on the quality I saw, it appeared we were in a pet quality room! The front desk agent continued to be rude and unhelpful regarding the misunderstanding, which I think is so useless in a customer service agent. I work in customer service so I was really appalled at her dismissive approach when it was clearly a misunderstanding between parties. I then went to contact the Travelocity agent to try and work out the misunderstanding. When I got in touch with Travelocity, the person was friendly enough and contacted the Inn manager, but even he got no where with his discussion with management on what I advised was a miss-booking on their end. I left the inn without signing anything, since I didn't authorize additional hidden fees. Not only did they slap me with the $260, but threw in an additional $212 (for what I'm not sure, since the room was pre-paid online). I will now be going through Visa disputes to try and reclaim my money, but would really recommend avoiding this hotel in the future. They have very poor customer service, and will make it your fault in the event that their staff is in error.

For what you pay, it is worth it to pay a few more dollars up the road at the Chateau, the Post Hotel across the street, or at Baker Creek Chalets across the bridge. They all have much more charm, cleanliness, and friendly staff. There is no reason that paying a lower dollar to stay in a place means they are allowed to treat you like a lower person, and that's exactly how I felt when being addressed by their "hospitality" team member. Make the effort to avoid this place when possible.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Al C
Dear AI C,

Thank you for your review. We love pets and we respect and pay great attention to families that ask for pet free rooms due to pet allergies. We have specific pet designated rooms for this reason. I agree with you in that there was a misunderstanding and we did not know you were arriving with a pet. We are revising our check-in procedure and we now ask every guest if they have a pet with them. We will remove the additional charges on your credit card. As a result of your well written review, we will, more than ever, make sure that allergic children are not given rooms that have had pets in them.
I hope you have a truly wonderful wedding in the spectacular setting of the Lake Louise Rockies!
Regards, Lake Louise Inn

Travellers are raving about these Lake Louise hotels

park city UT
Reviewed 6 May 2014

The Lake Louise Inn is basically a rip off. The rooms are nice enough, the bar is OK and the location is good. But, for $150/night for what essentially amounts to a glorified Motel 6? Come on? We were really ticked off at what we paid once we saw the total motel atmosphere and amenities, including thin, ratty towels, crappy linens and all but non-existent toiletries. Definitely staying elsewhere next time.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank expeditiondaddy
Lake-Louise-Inn, General Manager at Lake Louise Inn, responded to this review, 8 May 2014
Dear Expedition Daddy,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am sorry you did not find our towels, linen or toiletries to your satisfaction. Our linen is T200 Percale which is very common in a huge assortment of hotels. Our towels are from Crestview - Manufactured using an 86% cotton/14% polyester blend and again widely used in hotels. Our toiletries include shampoo, conditioner, lotion and face/body translucent bar. These products are made with certified organic ingredients. The container bottles are made of PET, the most recyclable resin available.
Your positive comment about our lounge, our rooms and our location are appreciated.
This "neck of the woods" is a truly magical part of the Canadian Rockies.
Regards

Wallasey, England
Reviewed 29 April 2014

Just come back had a wonderful holiday the stay at lake louise inn was suberp. We stayed in a queen studio excellent facilities excellent location very friendly helpful staff cannot fault the place would stay again. Thank you lake louise inn for making our holiday so memorable

Dave & Jacqui

• Stayed April 2014
Lake-Louise-Inn, General Manager at Lake Louise Inn, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
Dear Dave & Jacqui,

Thank you so much! Your positive review will make our entire team smile and beam with pride! Your comfort and enjoyment is what we all strive for!

Best Regards

Andre Fabbri
South Australia
Reviewed 24 April 2014

This hotel is easy walking distance to town and a medium walk from the old railway station. We stayed in the main building and had a room overlooking the pool. A room on the outside of the building may have been better.
The inside rooms can't be double glazed as we got a lot of pool noise. The hotel takes teenagers on spring break.
Downstairs eating is basic pub food but we enjoyed the "Italian" style restaurant more on the last night.
Shuttle buses right in front of the hotel take you to the ski slopes and Fairmont Lake Louise hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Hermitage123
Lake-Louise-Inn, General Manager at Lake Louise Inn, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
Dear Hermitage 123,

Thank you for staying with us and for the review! Our guests find the shuttle to the Lake Louise Ski Resort very convenient and we provide this service free to our guests. In the main building, the rooms with 2 queen beds face the inner courtyard overlooking the pool and the king bed rooms face the outside. All rooms have double pane, sealed thermal windows. Our pool hours are 9:00am to 10:00pm and we have many families stay with us and some children can get enthusiastic! Spring break is a time for students to rest, relax and travel with their families and teenagers 17 and under stay free when travelling with a parent at our hotel.

Best regards,

Dunfermline, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 April 2014 via mobile

Would recommend this hotel to the skiers. Easy access by bus to the slopes and near the lake loiuse shops. Rooms are well equipped warm and comfortable. No problems during our stay. The rooms are of a motel style.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Lake-Louise-Inn, General Manager at Lake Louise Inn, responded to this review, 17 April 2014
Dear Neil M,

Thank you for the kind words! I hope you enjoyed the fabulous ski conditions and marvellous scenery.
Regards,
Lacombe, Canada
Reviewed 9 April 2014

We stayed over an extended weekend in the middle of March and chose Lake Louise Inn because of the ensuite kitchens available. We were very disappointed with our room based on what we paid.

The whole suite was outdated and poorly maintained--holes in the carpet, gouges and rips in the wall paper, broken balcony railing. There was a huge water-damage spot in the ceiling of the main floor bathroom. The only queen-size bed sagged and was very uncomfortable. This bed was also the only one with proper bedding (not just cheap hotel blankets). The floor had not been properly vaccuumed...there were crackers and crumbs left over from previous guests. Though the room is obviously meant for quite a few people, there were only two chairs.

The cleaning staff, however, were very friendly, courteous and helpful. Nevertheless, we will not be coming here again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank Kirstinski
Lake-Louise-Inn, General Manager at Lake Louise Inn, responded to this review, 11 April 2014
Dear Kirstinski,

Thank you for your detailed comments. We appreciate you noticing our wonderful employees.

Regards