“Great location but wouldn't get the food vouchers again”
Review of Lake Louise Inn

Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Lake Louise
Reviewed 2 June 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Lake Louise Inn May 16-19, 2014 to celebrate our anniversary. I was a bit skeptical because there were several negative comments on the rooms themselves but we went anyway. The hotel is well located. It is obviously older and in need of some upgrading but our room was clean, comfortable with a nice view of the mountains. We had opted for the Spring Special which gave up food vouchers during our stay ($50/night). I have been to other hotels who offered food vouchers and they usually have you charge your meals to the room and then they deduct the food voucher amount at check-out. Not here. They gave us $25 food vouchers that we could use. So, for a $34 meal we could either use one food voucher and pay the rest cash or use 2 and lose the balance. It was a bit frustrating and we ended up losing money in the end. I wouldn't recommend getting the food vouchers. The food was OK, nothing spectacular. My husband didn't like the burgers there at all and he's not very picky. The breakfast was ridiculously expensive. I would stay at the hotel again but I wouldn't eat there unless I had to.

Room Tip: Asking for a room in the main building is probably best if you want to be close to the pool/spa, lou...
2  Thank Valerie W
Lake-Louise-Inn, General Manager at Lake Louise Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

Dear Valerie W.

Thank you for choosing us and for your well written review and for the kind compliments in regards to your room and the glorious views! We have sold many hundreds of the Spring Specials and I am glad you mentioned the vouchers. I was not aware of this challenge and as a result of your comment, we will revise our voucher procedure in the future. I am sorry your husband did not enjoy our hamburgers. We have some very popular hamburgers on our menu which are the favourites of many locals and repeat visitors.
Please accept our congratulations on your anniversary and we wish you many more happy and wonderful years!
Lake Louise Inn

Write a ReviewReviews (3,122)

Reviewed 1 June 2014

Enjoyed the Romance in the Rockies package and were upgraded to a suite. Lovely modern room with beautiful view of the mountains from the room's balcony and a fireplace to cozy up in front of. The bed was comfortable and the room's furniture in great condition. The package included sparkling wine, strawberries in chocolate and a $50.00 meal voucher. Staff were friendly and helpful.

2  Thank Pyke1968

Dear Pyke 1968

Your positive review is truly appreciated, thank you! I am delighted your stay with us was a success and that your meal voucher was easy to use.

We hope you will visit the Lake Louise area again soon!

Reviewed 30 May 2014

The photos on travel sites looked nice so we booked this hotel, when we arrived we got a room that allowed pets, and the room was horrible. Old beds, dirty, & not updated. Looking nothing like the photos we saw. It's great that they allow pets, but it's a bit insulting that they expect us to settle for gross rooms just because we have a pet.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Rebecca K

Dear Rebecca K,

Thank you for your review. We feel our pictures are very representative of our rooms. We receive a great many compliments on our cleanliness. All our beds are within accepted hotel standards and none are older than 7 years. Thank you for mentioning that you brought your pet. We know pets are part of a family and we have designated a few select rooms for this purpose. I am very sorry your standards were not met.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

The Inn was okay. Bad start all Lake Louise cut off from power, generator worked out fine.
Staff helpful and pleasant. Room good, quiet decent size, bathroom a little small.
Good location to village -walking distance. Breakfast adequate and meal options available other times.

1  Thank kathy320
Lake-Louise-Inn, General Manager at Lake Louise Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

Dear Kathy 320,

We truly appreciate your positive review! I am sorry your arrival coincided with a community wide electrical black-out. As you mentioned, we provided generator power to compensate. I hope you were thrilled by the beauty of our surroundings!
Regards,

Reviewed 26 May 2014

May I start out by saying I have never been prompted to review a place online until now, but felt it was worth a few minutes of my time just to protect other consumers out there from this awful place. I just returned from my first (and last) ever trip to the Lake Louise Inn. The reason for my stay was a quick trip to the Rockies to arrange some details for my wedding. I regret entirely that I didn't pay the extra hundred dollars to just stay at my venue (Emerald Lake Lodge) now, since they offer fantastic service, a good view, are pet-friendly, and offer a rustic room with a fireplace. And now since Lake Louise Inn is trying to charge me nearly $600 for a one-night stay in the most basic room available with 2 double beds, I'm really regretting my choice.
First off, the room was nothing to speak about - beds weren't even anchored to the walls so when we first got to the room and my fiancé sat down on the edge of the bed (to avoid the foot stool with the questionable stain on it I might add!) he launched the bed up towards the ceiling and was given quite a shock. Seems the least you could do is anchor a bed properly in a hotel. The pool area was a little retro, as was the dining area, but we figured what could you expect out of a more budget accommodation. We could have done without the $4 apiece muffins which were your typical store-bought style, not even as big as the 20 cent muffin I get with McDonalds coffee.

It was at checkout time that I really got to enjoy their hospitality. When I went to check out, I was not-so-pleasantly informed that the room I had been placed in was a non-pet friendly room and I would now be responsible for a $200 cleaning fee on top of a $50 pet fee. She acted as though I had been trying to hide my dog when I had been bringing him all over the property and was never approached by a single staff member about him. I assured her I knew about the $50 pet fee and had booked my room with the understanding of a pet-friendly place to stay. I had booked through Travelocity and filled out all the pertinent details of my stay, and right on my receipt was promised a $50 fee for my furry family member to be paid at check in or check out. I advised her that at no time had my check-in agent asked for additional details about my pet so I assumed I would be paying at check out. I asked her how was I to know I was supposed to be in a different room block - based on the quality I saw, it appeared we were in a pet quality room! The front desk agent continued to be rude and unhelpful regarding the misunderstanding, which I think is so useless in a customer service agent. I work in customer service so I was really appalled at her dismissive approach when it was clearly a misunderstanding between parties. I then went to contact the Travelocity agent to try and work out the misunderstanding. When I got in touch with Travelocity, the person was friendly enough and contacted the Inn manager, but even he got no where with his discussion with management on what I advised was a miss-booking on their end. I left the inn without signing anything, since I didn't authorize additional hidden fees. Not only did they slap me with the $260, but threw in an additional $212 (for what I'm not sure, since the room was pre-paid online). I will now be going through Visa disputes to try and reclaim my money, but would really recommend avoiding this hotel in the future. They have very poor customer service, and will make it your fault in the event that their staff is in error.

For what you pay, it is worth it to pay a few more dollars up the road at the Chateau, the Post Hotel across the street, or at Baker Creek Chalets across the bridge. They all have much more charm, cleanliness, and friendly staff. There is no reason that paying a lower dollar to stay in a place means they are allowed to treat you like a lower person, and that's exactly how I felt when being addressed by their "hospitality" team member. Make the effort to avoid this place when possible.

4  Thank Al C

Dear AI C,

Thank you for your review. We love pets and we respect and pay great attention to families that ask for pet free rooms due to pet allergies. We have specific pet designated rooms for this reason. I agree with you in that there was a misunderstanding and we did not know you were arriving with a pet. We are revising our check-in procedure and we now ask every guest if they have a pet with them. We will remove the additional charges on your credit card. As a result of your well written review, we will, more than ever, make sure that allergic children are not given rooms that have had pets in them.
I hope you have a truly wonderful wedding in the spectacular setting of the Lake Louise Rockies!
Regards, Lake Louise Inn

Reviewed 6 May 2014

The Lake Louise Inn is basically a rip off. The rooms are nice enough, the bar is OK and the location is good. But, for $150/night for what essentially amounts to a glorified Motel 6? Come on? We were really ticked off at what we paid once we saw the total motel atmosphere and amenities, including thin, ratty towels, crappy linens and all but non-existent toiletries. Definitely staying elsewhere next time.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank expeditiondaddy
Lake-Louise-Inn, General Manager at Lake Louise Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2014

Dear Expedition Daddy,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am sorry you did not find our towels, linen or toiletries to your satisfaction. Our linen is T200 Percale which is very common in a huge assortment of hotels. Our towels are from Crestview - Manufactured using an 86% cotton/14% polyester blend and again widely used in hotels. Our toiletries include shampoo, conditioner, lotion and face/body translucent bar. These products are made with certified organic ingredients. The container bottles are made of PET, the most recyclable resin available.
Your positive comment about our lounge, our rooms and our location are appreciated.
This "neck of the woods" is a truly magical part of the Canadian Rockies.

Reviewed 29 April 2014

Just come back had a wonderful holiday the stay at lake louise inn was suberp. We stayed in a queen studio excellent facilities excellent location very friendly helpful staff cannot fault the place would stay again. Thank you lake louise inn for making our holiday so memorable

Dave & Jacqui

• Stayed: April 2014
Lake-Louise-Inn, General Manager at Lake Louise Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2014

Dear Dave & Jacqui,

Thank you so much! Your positive review will make our entire team smile and beam with pride! Your comfort and enjoyment is what we all strive for!

Best Regards