4,211 results
All reviews explorers lounge ski hill pool and hot tub ski trip free shuttle canadian rockies gazebo tubs timberwolf condo skiing loft kitchenette lake louise fireplace winter
Reviewed 18 October 2018

We stayed here for our 10th and very much enjoyed! Hotel acknowledged our celebration which we thank them for! Staff is excellent at listening to guests, prompt to provide great service, accurate to what they do. Our room was ready when we arrived, very clean, good size, comfortable. Parking very plentiful, easy to get in/out. All room items (tv, bathroom, lamps) worked as expected with no issues.

Pool and hot tub are inside and easy to get to from room.

We ate at resturant and food was very good, breakfast buffet gave many choices, juices were good and cold, service excellent.

We will return to this property as it is close to the Lake and other attractions in area. We looked at other properties in the area and were very pleased with Lake Louise Inn as to the comfort, security, proximity to attractions and value of the property.

Definite recommend!

Room tip: North side view of parking lot (partial view of mountain)
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Tristan_DOO, Director of Operations at Lake Louise Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2018

Dear kpkphx,

Thank you so much for your lovely review! It is our greatest pleasure to hear that our services were adequate, and enjoyed so thoroughly.

I am very pleased to hear that we were able to make your 10th anniversary a special one. We are so proud of our staff for the constant efforts they put in to making our guests' stays memorable. If you recall anyone by name, please let me know, as we would love to recognise them for their excellent service!

You’ll be pleased to hear that we have a lot of very exciting things happening at the Lake Louise Inn over the next months and years, including full-scale renovations and many other programs and services we will be rolling out shortly.

I’d also love to discuss any possible return to the property, and would love to let you know about some special offers we have just for you, and others we will have available. Feel free to reach out to me at operations@lakelouiseinn.com

Thank you for your patronage, and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 17 October 2018 via mobile

I travel to Lake Louise often. It’s like my second home. I’ve stayed other places, however Lake Louise Inn is always my favourite. The food is excellent, the service is impeccable, and their newly renovated suites are incredible. Thank you to Joel (check in staff) for making my visit a wonderful experience!

Trip type: Travelled solo

Dear Sherri,

Not many people can count themselves lucky enough to call Lake Louise a 'second home', so I am very happy to hear that you feel that way with us in the picture! It makes us very proud to hear that our repeat guests love it so much here, and appreciate all the efforts we make to ensure our guests have the best possible time here.

As for Joel, we will be sure to recognise him for his excellent service!

I’d love to discuss any possible return to the property, and would love to let you know about some special offers we have just for you, and others we will have available. Feel free to reach out to me at operations@lakelouiseinn.com

Thank you for your patronage, and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 17 October 2018

Lake Louise Inn. Just by the name one should understand that it cannot be a flamboyant place. They have two type of accommodations: Standard and Queen. Our booking was done by Discover Holidays, so we had no option but to get a standard room. The front desk were very adamant about having a $50 cash deposit, or hold a payment by card (that was not only keeping card details, they wanted authorisation by a pin number, meaning they would take the payment and refund it after so many days, if we had not damaged the place). They also declined my offer of £50 cash. I had to withdraw $50 from an ATM (charge of $2.50). Well, rules are rules.
Now comes the room. The heating did not work. On my request a man came and did something of no avail. I spoke to front office explained our problem and told them that my wife had health issues and needed a warm place immediately. (HERE IS AN ADVICE FOR ALL: instead of shouting and abusing, speak calmly, politely and respectfully. Remember the staff is there to help, how we get help depends on our mannerism). They can't change the hotel location, there are only limited things they are allowed to do. If they do their job giving you due respect and explain their limitations, we should cooperate. This way we get good service.
The front office Supervisor, Julie G was very polite and helpful. She offered to upgrade our room at no extra cost, sympathising my wife's health condition. She took the trouble of showing me the room before I decided. A man called Michael shifted our luggage, brought an electric heater, asked us if he could do anything else for us, and handed us a lovely worded card from Julie. In this card she addressed me as "MR. SINGH" - a Sikh man's middle name. My turban must have given away this secret. So, the starting was not so good, but, ALL IS WELL THAT ENDS WELL. A Scottish Sikh.

Room tip: Queen rooms are better equipped, spacious and have more facilities.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear jpanpher,

Thank you so much for your review, and for choosing to stay with us at the Lake Louise Inn.

I very much appreciate the thorough and honest review you gave us! It gives us such excellent insight into what can be done better, and what is already being done well!

I'm very pleased that Julie and Michael were able to help you to your satisfaction. We will be sure to recognise and reward them for the excellent service they provided.

And I do greatly appreciate the advice to other guests to try and remain calm, as we really do try our best to help everyone in the best possible way. It's why we're in hospitality!

If there is anything else you would like to mention, for better or worse, please feel free to reach out to us and let us know. I can be contacted at operations@lakelouiseinn.com.

Thank you, and I hope to hear from you soon!

Reviewed 17 October 2018 via mobile

Very small room, no refrigerator and front desk not very friendly.
Room on corner next to stairs, could hear all foot traffic upstairs and down. Room was so small door to bathroom openedinto toilet. No refrigerator, this was standard in 8 of the 10 places we stayed. One was a rustic cabin.
The front desk person didn’t look up to speak, kept typing and never asked if we needed anything else.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear kk,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Though it is disappointing when one of our guest's stay is so lackluster, it gives us the rare opportunity to seek information that can help us improve.

May I know which room you stayed in? I would like to follow up and see if there is something we can do to correct the deficiencies you pointed out.

As well, do you recall the name or description of the front desk agent that served you? We rarely get complaints about our front desk staff, so I would like to speak with them and find out what we can do better in the future.

On behalf of all of us at the Inn, I apologise. We really do strive to provide excellent value for everything you pay for at our location, though it sounds like our efforts have fallen short this time around.

We very much value any additional feedback you can provide. Feel free to reach out to me any time at operations@lakelouiseinn.com
I hope we can make it up to you!

Reviewed 16 October 2018

Two nights at The Lake Louise Inn was part of our itinerary on a Rocky Mountaineer tour. We were dropped off at the hotel in the early afternoon. Unfortunately, our rooms were not ready and were informed they would not be available till 4pm. We asked for the bar and were told the bar and restaurant didn't open till 5pm. The cafe was open, but about to close at 2pm. There was nowhere to go, so lunch was a cup of hot chocolate. Our next disappointment were the rooms when we finally got to them. They were located in another motel type building and third rate. They were dated, tatty and the carpets were disgusting. The restaurant, was reflected by the rooms. It was a pub bar and we were given a restricted menu for Rocky Mountaineers which offered Fish and Chips, Sandwiches or Burgers, this certainly was the culinary experience we were NOT expecting! When we asked if we could choose from the full menu and pay any difference, the response was: too difficult. The only alternative was to choose and pay the price. At this stage we realised that buying a meal plan was not a good idea.

Room tip: Choose another Hotel
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear Frank,

I apologise that your group arrived so much earlier than our standard check-in time of 4:00 p.m. I understand it can be frustrating to have to wait so long for rooms to be ready. I also apologise that the rooms were not to your liking. May I know which room you were in, and which dates you stayed?

It sounds like many of the issues you encountered may have been due to miscommunication from Rocky Mountaineer. I would encourage you to reach out to them with your concerns. At the same time, we'll be sure to relay the issues you encountered with them directly.

For our part in the difficulties you faced, I apologise. We really do strive to provide excellent value for everything you pay for at our location, though it sounds like our efforts have fallen short this time around.

Feel free to reach out to me any time at operations@lakelouiseinn.com

I hope we can make it up to you!