We booked back in January for 3 nights in the smallest log cabin, the Wilson, at the beginning of August.
We went from a 4 star hotel with a jacuzzi bathroom the size of our lounge at home, to a log cabin the size of our lounge at home! It was perfect!
Little pot-bellied stove which worked off a thermostat. We didn't need but switched it on just for the effect for a few minutes. Cabin fully equipped with 2 of everything and car parking right next to each cabin.
Cute, clean and ideal for the environment. We BBQd every night on the free (gas) BBQ- no need to even bring utensils. Bed was huge but again had those horrible soft pillows that wrap themselves around your head whilst collapsing to just 2 inches off the bed! These seem endemic in N America.
Just to give you some flavour- the room have the usual coffee maker (good coffee!) but also 2 packets of porridge each day- nice touch!
The site is 5 mins drive from Lake Louise - perfect for a 7.30am visit before the tour buses get there! (Parking is free at Lake Louise because you have paid your National Park fees)
The owners had put on a lecture about wolves on the Wednesday which was appreciated.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Paradise Lodge and Bungalows offers a unique setting of individual cabins and suites in the heart of the Canadian Rockies. Located only 1 Km from Lake Louise and 20 time Alberta Housekeeping Award winner, Paradise Lodge and Bungalows exceeds expectations. Attention to detail and a welcoming atmosphere makes a destination to come back to. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers and Evoline ltd so you can book your Paradise Lodge & Bungalows reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paradise Lodge & Bungalows Hotel Lake Louise
- Paradise Lodge And Bungalows