“Loved the Post”
Review of Post Hotel & Spa

Post Hotel & Spa
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Lake Louise
Reviewed 14 July 2011

Beautiful hotel with great service. The Fairmont has a better location, but I'd stay here again if given a choice.

The hotel feels small and rustic rather than big and corporate. The restaurant is fantastic, particularly for breakfast.

While it is a short drive to the lake. The Post is still in a beautiful location and a perfect jumping off point for heading up to Jasper or down to Banff.

• Stayed: June 2011
1  Thank Converse99
Write a ReviewReviews (1,012)

Reviewed 10 July 2011

The hotel is so comfortable and inviting on a mountain stream. It is not on Lake Louise, the Fairmont has that spot, but is probably preferrable because there are not buses of tourist everywhere in your hotel.
Everywhere you turn in the common areas there are fresh flowers, even the men's restroom. I know because my husband was so impressed he showed them to me.
The best feature of the hotel is the dining room. Dinners are the best in the area. My husband and I were so pleased that we made a point of dining here again on our return from Jasper to Banff. I seldom eat twice in any restaurant.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sweetflossie
Reviewed 8 July 2011

We stayed here for one night, on the last day of our Canadian Rockies trip.
The bed was very comfortable, room and very clean and cozy. We loved the whirlpool tub very much. The location is great. There is a small mall with a grocery shop and a liquor shop. Staffs were very friendly.

The pool and sauna close at 9 pm, i think this is too early. This is the only thing i didn't like about this hotel. I think this hotel is worth the price. It is a great hotel for a couple who would want a romantic vacation at one of the most romantic places on earth.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nabimon
Reviewed 4 July 2011

We stayed for 5 nights; in all areas excellent; the setting, the public spaces including the lawn [how do they get the grass that green?] the guest rooms and the quality of the interiors and furnishings. The staff, too, is up to the top standards. Great hikes and all their recommended vendors turned out to be excellent, also.

Room Tip: We were in 406 on a special rate
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank StarCarl
Reviewed 4 July 2011

I had visited the Post many times before 2002 at an annual small professional conference, but not again after my retirement until this month. I was delighted to find that the spacious and tranquil rooms, the meals and the service were of the same high standard as those which I had always experienced in the past.

The staff were, as usual, friendly and helpful. And after an afternoon of sightseeing in the cold rain, including the length of the Moraine Lake trail, it was a delight to return to our room and thaw out before the pre-set fire, and many follow-on pieces of firewood

Our dinners were excellent, especially the emince of veal, as fine, I think, as in any Swiss restaurant. The wine list is incredibly extensive, but unfortunately also expensive. There are a number of world-class wineries in the Okanagan, a scant 400 km from the Post, but they were accorded very little recognition in the list.

Some writers whose rooms did not face Pipestone Creek complained about the noise of the trains passing by on CPR's mainline. For me, there is little that is more soothing at bedtime than listening to the rush of a 130-car freight pasing through the trees. And if there had been no railway, then maybe there would have been no Park.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank eztraveller72
Reviewed 28 June 2011

I shouldn't have believed the good reviews of this hotel. We reserved this hotel because we wanted to relax in the jacuzzi. However, it was broken and cold water for a long time. They don't check their facilitie. When we discussed the issue with the staff, she didn't wnat to apologize at all. They didn't arrange the time for us to use it somehow. They refused to extend opning time, and closed it on time. We couldn't use it at the night. Even next day we couldn't use it because it's still broken. Again I discussed the issue with other staff. He said, "I talked to my boss and called you at cellphone". I was waitting his calling. however I haven't gotten any response from them. And also there were so many problem during our stay. I can't tell all of them. Their service was not like a hotel. It messed up our nice vacation. I've never seen this kind of hotel. We wasted our time and money. Ohter hotels I stayed in Lake Louise was great. Their grade was same as this hotel's. I never recommend this hotel!!

Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
7  Thank canada1190
Reviewed 27 June 2011

Never having been to Lake Louise Alberta, I was unaware that the village was basically right off of the highway. So I was kind of disappointed after I booked the hotel and read how close it was to a freeway. But upon arriving, I could not be more thrilled to see how beautiful the setting was next to a rushing creek/river, and quaint little cabins and a historic lodge. I loved the feeling of stepping back in time. The room was amazing. I loved having a wood burning fireplace in the room, and fresh fruit waiting on the table. It also had a walk in closet and two full bathrooms. The tea service with the scrumptious desserts was a daily treat. Food overall in this region was expensive, so we opted to eat in the pub. I would say it was about average food, but high priced.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple