Post Hotel & Spa
US$150
US$144
Lake Louise Inn(Lake Louise)
US$101
US$98
Travelocity
Deer Lodge(Lake Louise)
US$148
US$116
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise(Lake Louise)
US$537
US$444
Fairmont.com
  • Pool
US$173
US$162
The Juniper Hotel(Banff)(Great Value!)
US$139
Bow View Lodge(Banff)(Great Value!)
US$80
US$70
US$209
US$95
  • Pool
US$189
US$112
Elk + Avenue Hotel(Banff)(Great Value!)
US$148
1,027 results
All reviewswine cellargourmet packageturn down servicepipestone riverwood burning fireplacetrain noisemain restaurantbath saltscanadian rockiesevery afternoonadirondack chairsbow riversteam roomfavorite hotellight sleeperworld classskating rink
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 January 2014

My husband and I shared a romantic get away for our 25th anniversary, and Post Hotel really fit the bill. We stayed in one of the cabins, and it was simple but charming with a lovely wood burning fireplace. And so quiet and private.

The dining room was a bit short on ambiance (too bright and just one big room without any intimate seating areas), but the food and wine were delicious. My only suggestion is that families with children under the age of 12 be required to take an earlier seating at dinner. We ate at 7:00 p.m. and watched several small children (5-7 year old age group) run around their table. It stopped quickly, and they were fine. But it was a distraction. I am very particular when I am spending $300 on a meal!

The setting of the hotel - in the heart of the Canadian Rockies, near Lake Louise - is spectacular. We felt transported to Switzerland. And it is only a short drive from Calgary (about 2 hours).

I highly recommend, and we will be back! There are many amenities that we did not try including a lovely looking spa and the new fondue restaurant (adjacent to the main dining room).

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Janet K
Reviewed 22 January 2014 via mobile

This hotel really has got it right in every respect. The rooms are stylish with lovely furnishings and the open fire places with a well stocked supply of wood make them homely and welcoming. It is the nice touches that make this hotel a cut above the rest in my view. After an afternoon on the ski slopes, there was only one thing I really wanted - a hot tub and steam room. Perfect. I felt like I was in paradise at that time. Restaurant food and wine selection, excellent as you would expect although I would have really liked to have tried out their relatively new fondue room, it was fully booked on the night we were there so it didn't happen. The only not so positive comments I would make is that whilst this place is special, prices are toppy (nothing is given away here) and a one night stay is simply not enough!

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank Acrobatic1
Reviewed 4 January 2014

My husbands office held their annual Christmas party here which worked out beautifully. As usual, we were greeted at the desk by helpful staff that seemed to truly care that we were there and were happy to make our stay exceptional.
The evening dinner was in a private dining lounge. The food and service was very well done in spite of it being such a large party ( perhaps 60-70 people). The cigar lounge was closed which made a few sad but I thought was an improvement.
Our rooms, as always, were rustic luxury. The beds are very comfortable. The fruit basket was appreciated. The real wood fireplace was laid so all we needed to do was strike a match and enjoy.
Breakfast the next morning was lovely, again, with very good service and wonderful choices from the menu. Although we hadn't brought our skates, there was a beautiful rink just outside the restaurant. (and it was -40* brrr).
This was our 5th or 6th time staying here and each time it has been a pleasure. Although we didn't indulge this particular time, I can highly recommend the Chefs tasting menu and wine pairings. I have always enjoyed every bite of the cleverly conceived and perfectly executed menus.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 December 2013

This hotel is the perfect little winter getaway. Walking in was like opening up the doors to a Hallmark Christmas movie. The holiday decor was beautiful, paired with the sweetest little ice skating rink on the front lawn. It felt magical every time we opened the doors to walk in.

Everyone who worked there was friendly and helpful from the shuttle driver to the ski resort to the waitstaff to housekeeping. They all seem genuinely happy to be working in such a beautiful place.

There were 3 other families with us, I thought the rooms were a little outdated decor-wise, but, they were super clean and I totally think they went with the rustic setting. The staff was super helpful by bringing a crib and setting it up for us on the night we arrived and worked with our schedule for a refresh each day. Our room was on the creek side and we did not hear a thing from the train, our friends across the hall did not mention it bothering them although they did hear it and they had small children. They also had a nice DVD collection for you to check out a movie. We were able to build a fire in our room every night and cuddle up and watch a movie. It was a great way to end the day.

We didn't try the restaurant for dinner, just breakfast, but that was fantastic. The Pub food I would give a 3 out of 5 stars. There is also a cute little trail to walk to a little shopping area that has a coffee house, bakery/deli, grocery store and some shops. That was about a 5 min walk or less and nice to have to pick up some things for our fridge to keep on hand for the kids. We checked out Banff and a couple other spots for dinner.

I was treated to the spa by our friend for a facial and body scrub. I thought the prices were pretty high and I have had better facials for much less, but, the body scrub was great and I couldn't really complain since it was a treat and the spa was gorgeous and I left feeling relaxed and refreshed.

I would chose this spot over and over again - it was a perfect choice for the location. Smaller, quaint, rustic and exactly what you would want for a mountain vacation.

Room Tip: Pick a room on the creek side of the hotel. We were up on the third floor in the king suite with a single in the living area.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 December 2013

We had tasting menu-7 courses (CAD105 plus $60 for wine matching)-it was excellent-the courses started off reasonable size with main meat and dessert quite large. I think I like the cinnamon marinated salmon starter and their version of magnum ice cream my fav.
There was a few California wines on the matched menu, but the very experienced waiter gave me the chance to swap one with a Bordeaux which I appreciated.
We went back 2 nights later to enjoy more of the wine list. We sat in the bar lounge and enjoyed a half bottle of Chablis Premier Cru and a bottle of St Emillion Grand Cru with an antipasto plate. The food was a great size, lots variety for $20. The wine was excellent value for the ambience and service.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple