Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise
US$150
US$144
Lake Louise Inn(Lake Louise)
US$101
US$98
Deer Lodge(Lake Louise)
US$148
US$116
  • Restaurant
Post Hotel & Spa(Lake Louise)
US$272
TripAdvisor
US$173
US$162
The Juniper Hotel(Banff)(Great Value!)
US$139
Bow View Lodge(Banff)(Great Value!)
US$80
US$70
US$209
US$95
  • Pool
US$189
US$112
Kootenay Park Lodge(Kootenay National Park)
Hotels.com
7,145 results
All reviewsgold floorwalliser stubeglacier saloonpoppy brasseriejunior suitefairview restaurantbeautiful hotelself parkingsleigh ridebucket listice skatingtea houserocky mountaineerbanff springsfondueice sculpturesonce in a lifetime
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 April 2014

This is a spectacular property that exhibits the standard of excellence I have come to expect from Fairmont. It is immaculately maintained, with beautiful fixtures and furniture in the common areas - attentiveness to detail is really the hallmark. It's a gorgeous building. You would almost think you were in the Swiss Alps. The customer service is, of course, top-notch as well. Check-in was a breeze. For those that know the brand, I was given a basic Fairmont Room, with a complementary upgrade to a lakeview room (which was just amazing). My room was standard sized, well-appointed, with a comfortable queen-sized bed and moderately-sized bathroom. There is a gym, hottub and heated indoor pool that is open late (hooray!), however, I must admit to finding the pool to be a bit small in relation to the size of the hotel. The hotel was relatively quiet during my stay, but I could imagine the pool teeming with people during peak periods. Lake Louise itself was frozen over, but the staff clear the ice for skating. There are also ice sculptures built down on the lake surface that get lit up at night. All very magical! When my transportation arrangements back to Calgary fell through, the staff didn't hesitate for a moment in granting me an extended late check-out at no charge so that I could stay in the comfort of my room for sorting things out. Like many Fairmonts, the Chateau Lake Louise offers afternoon tea. I didn't partake, but it was very popular with the tour groups who circled through for the day. I was a bit frustrated with the food situation in that many of the restaurants did not have late-night dining options (room service was not an option as the cost is astronomical, but this is a Fairmont, so that's to be expected). Perhaps this was because I was there during a high vacancy period. Everything closed by 9pm. I ended up grabbing a to-go order from the Glacier Saloon, which was so-so. Certainly not the greatest burger and salad I've ever had. I would have liked to try the Italian restaurant (Lago) but they close it for the winter. The Chateau Deli was open 24-hours, but I wasn't in the mood for prepackaged sandwiches, Nanaimo bars and coleslaw. Still, it is nice that there is an all day/night food option there if you need it. The Chateau Lake Louise charges for in-room wifi access (I think $16/day) if you are not a member of their loyalty program, the President's Club. I find this to be a bit ridiculous considering what you are already paying to stay there. Let's be honest - this hotel chain ain't cheap. You'd think including internet would be a no-brainer. Overall, however, I would recommend the hotel to anyone looking to spoil themselves with quiet refuge in the mountains. You don't need to be a skier to stay here. Just come and enjoy.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
FCLL, Manager at Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. It is wonderful to read that you had a most enjoyable stay with us. Many thanks also for the feedback on the dining, we are always looking at ways we can improve our guest experience and will take your comments into account. I do hope you will stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 12 April 2014

WOW... The Canadian rockies.... WOW

and spending it at the Fairmont is like topping my dessert wth a cherry...

Spent 1 night here and the only thing upsetting about my stay was it was not long enough...
highly recommend anyone to stay there...this world class hotel with its spectacular location, stunning and breathtaking views of Lake Louise... no other way for the full experience of the gorgoeus and very famous lake... you have not seen the best of Canada if you have not seen Lake Louise and the Chateau Fairmont... those 2 together go as well as cookie and milk... inseperable...

i ve visited many countries, cities and towns as you can see.... and this is by far on my list of favoritess for magnificent, unique and fantastic views....

Room Tip: LAKEVEW... its as beautiful as you imagine heaven
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Many thanks for taking the time to write a review. We are so pleased to read that you enjoyed your time with us in the mountains. We very much look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 12 April 2014

Beautiful property. Relaxing with lovely restaurants to choose from. A little heavy on the pocket but always pays to check out special packages and discounts on offer. the staff are friendly and helpful.

Review collected in partnership with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for sharing your experience. We are delighted that you had great stay and hope to welcome you back to The Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise in the near future.

Reviewed 11 April 2014

The Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise is a First class Hotel which provides the same service. The staff are professional and very helpful. We received a complimentary upgrade which was unexpected but particularly nice. Recommend to anyone who wants an exceptional experience.

Review collected in partnership with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts

Thank you so much for staying with us. We are happy read that you enjoyed your time at The Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise. We hope to welcome you back to Canada’s western mountain region in the near future!

Reviewed 10 April 2014

Simply, this Place provides an opportunity to exposure to supreme Beauty, supreme Design and supreme Service.

Quality is the underlying theme at the Faimont Lake Louise.

(and the Salmon 'n Bagel in The Deli is SUPER !!)

Come Here and BE Served.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on Trip advisor. We look forward to welcoming you back for a Salmon Bagel one day soon!