I stayed at Chateau Lake Louise for one night on Oct 2012. The location is mind blowing... walking outside to witness the breathtaking Lake and (sadly disappearing) glacier is one of life's truly amazing moments.
For me, the style of this hotel is too opulent and ostentatious - ornate chandeliers and gilded framed mirrors everywhere, highly decorative carpets, etc - but if that's your thing then you'll love it.
The sheer volume of tourists constantly piling in from tour buses also made the place feel tacky (but not much can be done about that).
The room was small but nicely presented.
Absolutely worth a visit for the location, but I wouldn't stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded by some of the most breathtaking scenery in the world, the iconic Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise resort is nestled deep within Banff National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Enveloped by soaring mountain peaks, the majestic Victoria Glacier and a glistening emerald lake, the natural beauty of this destination permeates every nook of the historic resort - originally built as a base for outdoor enthusiasts and alpinists. The Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise is a year-round luxury resort which specializes in offering extensive Guided Mountain Heritage programs, unparalleled skiing in the winter, exceptional food and beverage experiences and a new spa, The Spa at the Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TravelUp, Fairmont Hotels, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise Hotel Lake Louise
- Chateau Lake Louise
- Fairmont Lake Louise
- Lake Louise Fairmont
- Fairmont Hotel Lake Louise