I usually prefer smaller, more intimate resorts. I am not a fan of huge hotels packed with thousands of tourists. In fact, the only reason I stayed here is that the setting cannot be beat. The hotel itself is quite beautiful, and features eight restaurants that display stunning lake views. Many activities are offered through the concierge. In the winter months you can ski, ice skate, take a heli tour, go snowmobiling, or go on a horse-drawn sleigh ride. In the summer they offer canoeing, hiking, mountain bike-riding, fishing, and horseback riding. Banff National Park is breathtaking and is one of the most photographed places in Canada.
I do have to be honest, though, and say that the service I received was not top notch. It definitely was not what I would expect for the price I was paying. Being that it was the middle of the summer, I was more then displeased to find that the air conditioner in my room was broken, and each time I asked about it being fixed they said they would send someone up to the room, but never did. Also, stay away from the breakfast restaurant if you can. Order room service or go somewhere else! We had the most horrific service at the breakfast place, and had to wait forever to be seated each time. This place was jam packed with noisy tourists, and our food (that took forever) came out before our drinks, with the orders all wrong.
So while my review of the hotel itself is not great, given it’s location, I would still go back. After all, I was there to experience the surroundings, not the hotel itself.
To see my personal photos of this hotel please visit my travel blog here:
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded by some of the most breathtaking scenery in the world, the iconic Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise resort is nestled deep within Banff National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Enveloped by soaring mountain peaks, the majestic Victoria Glacier and a glistening emerald lake, the natural beauty of this destination permeates every nook of the historic resort - originally built as a base for outdoor enthusiasts and alpinists. The Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise is a year-round luxury resort which specializes in offering extensive Guided Mountain Heritage programs, unparalleled skiing in the winter, exceptional food and beverage experiences and a new spa, The Spa at the Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Destinology, Ebookers, TravelUp, Expedia, Odigeo, Fairmont Hotels, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotel.de, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise Hotel Lake Louise
- Chateau Lake Louise
- Fairmont Lake Louise
- Lake Louise Fairmont
- Fairmont Hotel Lake Louise