“Absolutely Magical”

Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Lake Louise
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 2 July 2014

This has to be the most special place on earth. The setting is breathtaking. We went in June. There was still snow on the mountains and the temperature was crisp. We stayed two nights and it exceeded my expectation. The hotel is iconic and grand. I want to return in Winter to see ice skaters on the lake surrounded by twinkling lights and beauty. Christmas would be magic there.

Room Tip: We shared a two bedroom suite with no view of the lake but it didn't really matter because it ma...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
FCLL, Manager at Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience!

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your time in Lake Louise. June is a beautiful month to visit, as we transition from spring to summer. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

The Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise Team.

Write a ReviewReviews (6,956)

Reviewed 2 July 2014

For $680.00 dollars a night my recent stay at this hotel was a nightmare. upon arrival our room temperature was so hot we were asked to leave for an hour so the staff could cool the room. The excuse was the maids turned the heat up by mistake. after we were finally able to get into our room we discovered. No air conditioning, fans didn't work, one elevator was out -according to the staff it had been out for over a week- the working elevator refused to stop at our floor.
When we returned from dinner and a long climb up stairs I pulled the bed down and discovered torn and dirty sheets. I took photos of the sheets to show the management since they did not bother to climb the stairs to investigate the dirty torn sheets. The only response from Management was "This should never happen. We have a reputation". This hotel is a sad disappointment

Room Tip: You will need to pay a lot more than $680.00 per night to get any service or clean sheets in this ho...
3  Thank Donna D
FCLL, Manager at Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Good Day Donna D,

Thank you for sharing your review with us! We would like to follow up with you further regarding your stay at The Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise.

Please feel free to send us an email at chateaulakelouise@fairmont.com and a member of our team will be happy to follow up with you directly.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

I stayed at Lake Louise with my husband and 20 month old son. My first impressions of this hotel was "Wow, this place is busy" and it was. Yes, it is a beautiful hotel with the most beautiful view and you are paying TOP dollar for this luxury, however, it is just so busy. I think that the hotel really should try and manage the amount of people coming through the place.
I found the service terrible. With that type of money, I expect top service. We had to wait half an hour to be seated for breakfast the first morning and, once seated, nobody come to take our order. Because of this, we were forced to order from the buffet at double the price. This was terribly frustrating! The next day we went to the deli/bakery for a very simple breakfast, but was just what we wanted without spending a fortune.
For dinner we went to the lounge - yet another half hour wait to the seated and the waiter forgot to serve our wine. I wondered whether they were short of staff at the time and upon asking one of the employees, I was told that this was not the case. Notwithstanding this, the service award for our stay was valet parking (despite the cost this is very much recommended and the most pleasant people assisting).
I visit the spa one day and that was great. Recommended if you have the time.
The rooms are great and spacey. We had a mini suite and was big enough for the three of us. And you really can not complain about the view - simply stunning!
I would have liked to have seen a play area set up for children too. Apart from running around the lake together with half a million tourists, there are not many other options for children. I understand that this is not a priority but thought that it was worth noting if anyone has an extremely active child like mine.
To anyone considering this hotel, I would probably suggest thinking twice about it. If money is not an issue - sure, this is a one off hotel. However, in hindsight, I would have saved my money and stayed elsewhere and visited the lake as a day trip.

Room Tip: We had a lake view room but understand that the mountain view rooms are far less in price. I actuall...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Jax11Sydney

Good Day Jax11Sydney,

Thank you for your review of The Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise. I do apologize for some of the shortcomings you had experienced throughout your stay. We are constantly looking for ways to improve upon our speed of service while managing the high traffic levels we experience in the summer season. I will be sure to make note of your feedback to this regard.

I am glad to hear that our guest services and spa teams were able to provide the service we are known for here at The Chateau!

Should you wish to provide further feedback on your stay please contact us at chateaulakelouise@fairmont.com

Reviewed 2 July 2014

We had a fantastic view of the lake from our top floor room. The service in the hotel was excellent, the room was very clean and super comfortable and the location speaks for itself! We took a canoe out on the lake and hiked to the tea room - fabulous views and a pleasant way to spend an afternoon. We would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: 8th floor lake view room offer the best views.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Hi Rachel34,
Thank you kindly for taking the time share some thoughts on our resort hotel. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at The Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise. It sounds like you took in some of our bucket list activities - something we hope you soon won't forget!

Should you wish to contact us directly for future inquires please do not hesitate to contact us at chateaulakelouise@fairmont.com.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

The location of the Hotel was wonderful, scenery was amazing but the room was a disappointment wifi didn't work no room in the bathroom to put anything and the room was very small. Breakfast was a disgrace no bacon available in the buffet without a wait, they couldn't keep up with the demand. We had a 10 minute wait to get into the breakfast room there were empty tables but they hadn't been cleared. They know how many people are booked in and should have the staff to deal with the numbers for the prices they charge. Would not stay at Fairmont again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Joan H

Good Day,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We certainly value the feedback you have provided. I do apologize for the shortcomings you experienced throughout your stay and am disappointed to hear that the service we are known for was not reflected throughout your time in Lake Louise.

We are happy to provide you with the opportunity to follow up with us directly by contacting us at chateaulakelouise@fairmont.com.

Kind Regards,
The Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise Team.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

We had pre-booked one night at this iconic hotel and were not disappointed by its location, staff and services. It was an amazing hotel with interesting shops included. The "Delli" provided a twenty four hour service fie a wide range of drinks and food including Nathan's famous hot dogs which I have never seen outside id New York or New Jersey.

You can gain access to the open terrace area facing Lake Louise which was stunning. It is surrounded by mountains with glaciers visible even in summer.

We had a room facing the lake which was a classic style and well appointed but the only downside was there was no air conditioning just a fan. We found it was too warm in the night to be comfortable.

Room Tip: You may wish to ask for a lake side view but also if there is air conditioning.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
FCLL, Manager at Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Jeff690_12,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your time in Lake Louise, and most importantly that we were able to provide the great service that our guests have come to expect. I will be sure to share your comments regarding the room temperature with our teams. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Reviewed 2 July 2014

We were upgraded to a Fairmont Gold Suite which was beautiful, I just wish we had more than one night in our beautiful room with the fantastic view. We stayed at the end of May and the lake was still frozen, I would love to see the view when the ice melts, next time hopefully.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank welltravelled555

Good Day,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review! I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay on Fairmont Gold. Lake Louise is beautiful year-round and we look forward to welcoming you back in the summer season!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lake Louise
Emerald Lake Lodge
Moraine Lake Lodge
Moraine Lake Lodge
#1 of 10 in Lake Louise

Been to Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise? Share your experiences!