“The location is a bit far from other places but its such a beautiful hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise

Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Lake Louise
GreenLeadersSilver level
Oshawa, Canada
“The location is a bit far from other places but its such a beautiful hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014

As all Fairmont's j have stayed in I have never been disappointed. They took care if my every need as well as my friends there for business in fact they comped us a free gold floor room. The gold floor has a little lobby with free Drinks and coffee and the rooms are considerably larger than other floors.

• Stayed February 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
FCLL, Marketing Manager at Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Dear jessejamessmith,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am glad to hear that you and your friends enjoyed your time on Fairmont Gold. We'll look forward to your next visit.

Kind Regards,
On behalf of the management team at The Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,901)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014

The Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise is located right in front of Lake Louise.
You can enjoy the mirror like reflection of the view of the mountains and scenery on the lake.
The reflection changes throughout the day; it is most beautiful in the early morning.
I highly recommend this place for the convenient location. it is close by Moraine Lake, too.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Dear Claire P,

Thank you for visiting our hotel from Seattle! I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time in Lake Louise. We look forward to seeing you again.

On behalf of the management team at The Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise
Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014

We stayed at the Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise in late July for a full week. What a beautiful place. I was originally concerned with the reviews of how crowded it was with all the tour buses, but it really was not that much of an issue. The hotel is crowded mostly on weekends, or during the day when one is rarely there. Most of the tours arrive around 11 am and are gone by 5pm...and then the hotel is quiet and calm. I would recommend renting a car so that you can drive around on your own. There are so many incredible lakes and glaciers to see.

Hotel: The hotel was fabulous, dining was great. We ate in all of the restaurants, Poppy's being our favorite. The rooms were great. We booked a two bedroom suite, sort of connecting rooms with a small living area. The view of the lake was incredible in all 3 rooms...it was 457, 459, 461. The room was huge..a King, connecting to the living room area with a trundle bed, and sofa bed, then another bedroom with two queens. We did not use the beds in the living room area, but you could easily fit a family of 6 in there with children. We had four...two children. We had breakfast included with our rate, and had room service almost every morning which you are able to do. We did have air conditioning in the rooms...but kept windows open most of the time...it was hot during the day, but cooled down quite a bit by 4-5pm.
I would recommend booking a personal guide for some tours if you are not familiar with the hikes, or area . We had Jeff Douglas who was terrific! I doubt we would have continued on some of our walks without him! He was so knowledgable and friendly...my girls absolutely loved him! We learned so much and he kept us energized and going. He took us by car to an incredible lake, Lake Constelation which was unbelievable! I would recommend seeing Bow Lake, Peyton Lake, Lake Morriane, Lake Constelation, of course Lake Louise, Lake Agnes, Mirror Lake. We saw two waterfalls...Takkakaw falls and Johnston Canyon Falls...both beautiful! Drive down Bow Parkway..we saw a black bear, a huge 16 point Elk, and a white mountain goat! Just on a drive..around 6-7pm is best. The Banff Gondola is a must...and a quick dip in Lake Herbert was fun also. I could go on forever...just a memorable trip...will be going back soon! Cameron in Concierge was excellent...horseback riding was fun also..Canoeing in the lake is a must also!

Room Tip: Higher floor worth paying for Lake View
Green Features: Very environmentally aware...recycling everywhere...Love this about Canada!
1 Thank Namita000
Dear Namita000,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a detailed review of your stay at our hotel. You have provided some incredible feedback that is sure to be valuable to those looking at staying at The Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise. I am glad that you enjoyed the restaurants and that you were comfortable in your guest rooms.

I will be sure to provide your feedback to Jeff, Cameron and the Resort Activities team. The guided activities that the hotel provides are one of the experiences we always recommend to guests. It's certainly a great way to explore all the key spots in the area. To see that much wildlife must have been a real treat!

Thank you again for your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back to Lake Louise in the future.

On behalf of the management team at The Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise.
Carle Place, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014

WOW what more can I say this was my last bucket list wish and it was the best. The hotel was beautiful and the room was marvelous , the staff was great. The lake was beautiful a color you can't describe. My room didn't. Face the lake the added cost was too much to add on my $400. Plus room. The restaurant was good, not great, the grounds were perfect.

Room Tip: You don't need the added cost of a lake view room when you can just step outside and enjoy the v...
Green Features: Not sure of there environmentally - friendly practices at this time
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Bruceves,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your review. I am so pleased to hear that Lake Louise and our hotel, along with the service did not disappoint and that you were able to mark it off your bucket list. Thank you for visiting!

On behalf of the management team at The Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise.
Guapiles, Costa Rica
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014

I just stayed here for a week with some family members. The setting is precious, just gorgeous. Get a lake view if you can! The hotel itself is classic looking, very engaging and pretty. I had a room with 2 queen beds and a view of the lake. The bath was ample, and there were even enough hangers in the closet! Housekeeping staff was excellent and friendly. Over the course of the week we ate at every single restaurant in the hotel, and all of them were excellent. (Don't wait until you are starving to go, though. Be prepared to relax and enjoy your conversation!) The fondue restaurant (the name escapes me right now) is really exceptional, but in all honesty we did not have one bad meal. Even the deli is good! The path around the lake is well maintained, and the location is near many other great sights. The only disappointment was a charge on my credit card that they still haven't resolved, but that has been a small bump in an otherwise very smooth road. For that I took off a mark.

Room Tip: If bathroom size is important to you please specify. I had a 2br room with a very large bathroom. My...
Green Features: Great! Recycling bins in the rooms, and housekeeping respected my wishes about not wanting new towels every day.
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
FCLL, Executive Office at Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise, responded to this review, 15 August 2014
Dear JustElilsFine,

Thank you for posting such a great review. We truly do appreciate the feedback we hear from our guests.

Please note I will share your comments concerning the excellent dining experience with the Executive Chef and as well as The Walliser Stube where you enjoyed the fondue!

I encourage you to please contact us at chateaulakelouise@fairmont.com concerning the charge you had and a member of our executive team will have it resolved promptly.

Once again, thank you for the lovely feed and we look forward to welcoming you back at The Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014

A great Hotel situated in the most wonderful location of the Rocky Mountains.
The hotel offers excellent service, restaurants & facilities.
The views of the mountains and Glacier plus the crystal clear lake in front are breath taking. As we were on a tight sightseeing schedule, we stayed one night, which on hind sight was a mistake. To appreciate fully the area & the walks we should have stayed at least 2 days.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts

Dear Charles358,

Thank you very much for posting your review!

I am delighted to read that you have enjoyed both the breathtaking scenic views as well as dinning and service quality from our hotel staff. I will be sure to forward your comments to our service team.

Media, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

I have been wanting to stay here for years. My parents talked about their stay here many, many years ago. This was part of a package with our Rocky Mountaineer drive/train ride. The hotel is beautiful but the view is spectacular. The room was a good size with the view to take your breath away. The bathroom is small but it is an holder hotel so it did not bother us. Also since we were in the original part of the hotel, it was a bit warm since the "air conditioning " is not very effective. The staff was wonderful. Every person who helped us, from the restaurants, check-in, the shops were delightful. As I stood looking at Lake Louise, I knew I was blessed to have finally fulfilled this lifelong dream of staying at the Chateau Lake Louise. This hotel is a treasure. Don't expect much of the town of Lake Louise- it is just a small shopping center, some other hotels and a couple of gas stations, but that is not the reason to visit-It is Lake Louise and Moraine Lake.

Room Tip: Definitely splurge and ask for a room with a view of Lake Louise and definitely get up early to see...
Dear Ginnietraveler,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Here at the Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise we appreciate all the feedback we receive.

We are delighted to hear that your stay was most enjoyable!
I do apologize about the air conditioning, and if it caused you any discomfort during your stay. The summer months are unpredictable in terms of weather here in Lake Louise. We do offer portable air conditioning units, I am sorry that was not communicated to you and have made it a point to share your comments with the front desk team to ensure they offer our future guests this option.

We are glad that we could host both you as well as your parents in the past, and look forward to welcoming you once again in the near future.