As a family of 5, we stayed in one of their suites, which worked out perfectly for us. Some guests complained that their room did not have air conditioning, but ours did. However, it gets so cold at night that if you leave your window cracked out you will be fine without it. The beds are extremely comfortable! We had a view of the parking lot unfortunately. The hotel at night was very quiet, noise was never as issue.
The hot tub seats about 16 people, but during the afternoon when everyone comes back from their hikes it can get very crowded.
The service is amazing. Everyone is extremely helpful and the concierge went way above and beyond. Our server from one of the restaurants wrote out 3 pages on where our family should go for hikes during our stay and had it sent to our room! Most of staff is very knowledgable about the hikes in the area.
There are about 4 or 5 dining options at the Chateau. All extremely expensive. The cheapest dinner we had was at the Glacier Saloon, where it was about 25$ per person. I would recommend driving to the village and eating there. Also the deli has food options (sandwiches are about 10$!).
Since Lake Louise is gaining popularity in the world, you can expect it to become VERY crowded from 10am-4pm when the buses of tourists arrive. However, we would always plan to start hiking at 9:30am so we would miss it!
The hikes around the Chateau are awesome. The most crowded is the Lake Agnes Tea House Trail, but it wasn't a problem. Definitely pretty steep and long, but take it slow and the views are worth it! Take plenty of water with you.
We did two guided hikes with the guides at the hotel and it was one of the best decisions. Those guides are SO knowledgable about everything in that park. They have hiked every peak you can see and they know which trails to take the family on. They also provided gear!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded by some of the most breathtaking scenery in the world, the iconic Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise resort is nestled deep within Banff National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Enveloped by soaring mountain peaks, the majestic Victoria Glacier and a glistening emerald lake, the natural beauty of this destination permeates every nook of the historic resort - originally built as a base for outdoor enthusiasts and alpinists. The Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise is a year-round luxury resort which specializes in offering extensive Guided Mountain Heritage programs, unparalleled skiing in the winter, exceptional food and beverage experiences and a new spa, The Spa at the Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Fairmont Hotels, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise Hotel Lake Louise
- Chateau Lake Louise
- Fairmont Lake Louise
- Lake Louise Fairmont
- Fairmont Hotel Lake Louise