“Good food, good value”

Description: in the Canadian Alpine Center-- it's in the youth hostel
Edmonton, Canada
“Good food, good value”
Reviewed 23 December 2013

Went for breakfast because I wanted something simple and cheap. In the best possible way, I got what I was looking for...as well as friendly and efficient service, and a table right next to a wood fire. I would definitely go back.

• Visited December 2013

Medicine Hat, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“One of the best”
Reviewed 13 December 2013

Tasty nicely seasoned Santorini penne and the best chicken quesadilla we've ever had. We arrived at 6 pm during the off season, service was rapid. Finding the restaurant was a challenge in the dark, but it was well worth it! Very Reasonably priced for Lake Louise.

• Visited December 2013
Melbourne, Australia
“Fine”
Reviewed 12 October 2013 via mobile

We went here as we were looking for some wifi with our breakfast as public wifi not working.Food was average Canadian standard- we shared an omelette and more than enough food for 2 as came with toast & potatoes. It was fine- passable but not as food as at home! Coffee ok - with one refill. Waitress pretty average & not so friendly-and it was very much a 'do it yourself'-get the wifi code yourself, get the cream yourself, request more coffee.... And they very 'kindly' tell you service is at least 18% on the bill! But wifi was good and that was the priority.

• Visited September 2013
Winnipeg, Canada
“Cannot be beat”
Reviewed 8 October 2013

Normally I wouldn't think of either staying at or eating in a hostel. I am not pretentious but I can afford "better". There is however absolutely nothing better or cheaper in Lake Louise. The quality of the food & service you receive is very reasonable in a resort that is "pricey"! I read about Bill Peyto's on trip advisor & the reviewers are all correct. We ate 4 breakfasts here at a cost of $25 each day for both of us including tip .... For eggs,bacon etc breakfast. Service was excellent but not crowded on any of our visits... Off season. Food was basic and good. Friendly people. We ate one supper which was good and I laugh that they served the same wine as what I got at the Chateau for half the price! This not gourmet dining but good wholesome food at a decent price in a lovely woodsy dining room with a fireplace. Everything clean and friendly. Best restaurant in Lake Louise for what you pay. I enjoyed the Station much more but at twice the price! For breakfast or lunch...don't bother going elsewhere. With the money you save, maybe you can afford the Station for supper! It is all in what you want! Certainly got my money's worth and highly recommend it especially for breakfast or lunch.

• Visited October 2013
Longview, Washington
“A real restaurant in a hostel!”
Reviewed 26 September 2013

This place is a find! It is unusual (I learned from the server) for a hostel (they are no longer just for "youths") to have a real restaurant (vs a little snack bar). We enjoyed dinner there so much that we returned for breakfast before we left town. Well prepared, good food, probably the best buy for the money in town. Whether you are staying in the high or low budget accomodations in Lake Louise, strongly recommend you come by here for a meal.
P.S.: Re: a recent review, we had decaf coffee in the form of Americanos.

• Visited September 2013