“What a great experience!”

Plain of Six Glaciers Tea House
Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 12 August 2014

We started the PoSG hike around 2pm, and by the time we made it to the Tea House it was around 6pm (we took our time and went out to the overlook spur trail). Judging from all of the people coming down while we were on our way up, I don't see how we would have gotten a seat and enjoyed it if all of those people were an indication of how busy it was. It was very relaxing, and we met some wonderful Canadians! Great experience!

Reviewed 10 August 2014

We had made this hike 24 years ago with our two kids and it was the first time back since then. We did not start until almost 11:30 am on a beautiful Saturday so there were a lot of people around already. Sine parking was so far away we decided to park in the Fairmont garage as a day guest. I was pleasantly surprised to find we only owed $10 after 4 hours. Anyway I had the lemonade and it was the strangest lemonade I have ever had. It kind of tasted like hand sanitizer smells. My husband had the blueberry pie and it was the best part of the meal. He had the cheese sandwich and it was not good. I had the peanut butter and jam sandwich and it was pretty dry.I'd say have a dessert if you decide to eat there.

1  Thank dil345
Reviewed 9 August 2014

The husband hiked up and had lunch at the Tea House. He loved it. Loved the view, service and food too.

Reviewed 9 August 2014

Enjoy a break at this tea house after the hike and feel a sense of achievement. Simple menu, but reasonably priced considering the location and excellent service. We didn't expect to get a table on a very busy July lunchtime but we were pleasantly surprised and it was worth waiting 5 minutes for a table - if you sit at a table, you will have a waiter/waitress take your order and can skip the queue for ordering at the counter.

Reviewed 8 August 2014

This is a great, relatively easy hike to the tea house. One can then go on for an additional mile to an overlook. The view from the overlook is pretty, but my wife and I would not repeat the trek other than purely for exercise.

The teahouse is charming! Like everything else in this area, it gets crowded early. I suggest being there no later than 11:00 a.m. Have a sandwich, hummus, or a great piece of apple pie. Don't expect a bargain...they have to carry the food in...but it is well worth it.

Envision yourself in what feels like a very large tree-house...surrounding by beauty...that's the teahouse!

1  Thank pd2think