“Okay dinner”

Price range: US$9 - US$16
Cuisines: Asian, Korean, International, Canadian
Good for: View, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch
Description: Great location for travellers who need a quick bite Great views from our terrace Eclectic menu offering steaks, pastas, and Asian inspired dishes
Reviewed 30 June 2014

My husband and I dined here one night at 7 pm. Our meal was fine, not great. My Asian platter was good but a bit spicy. My husband's Gorgonzola Fettucine was pretty bland. We felt our waitress Kaitlyn was rushing us and not as attentive as could be and wanted to go home for the night.

Richard_Yuh, General Manager at Mountain Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

I am sorry your experience was not up to par. We are constantly working on improving our service daily. I will talk to our chef's about the flavour of the pasta. Thank you for stating the server's name as this is really helpful as the manager of the business. If you are back in the area again, we are more than happy to accommodate you with complimentary meals.

There are newer reviews for Mountain Restaurant

Reviewed 20 June 2014

We arrived here for a late lunch after a long hike. Didn't look overly impressive from the outside but the inside was very pleasant and the staff and food were great. would definitely recommend.

Reviewed 14 June 2014

We enjoyed the food here tonight. Bulgogi was something new to us. It is delicious marinated beef with nice vegetables and rice. we also tried the mountain burger and it, too, was delicious. The service was friendly and fast. The restaurant has beautiful views thru large windows. There were many families so I would recommend everyone try it. I would definitely eat there again.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

There's not a lot of dining choices in Lake Louise unless you're willing to go to one of the hotels. During the recent May long weekend we decided to stop at Lake Louise to grab a quick dinner on our way to Banff. Our first choice was the restaurant in the shopping centre but a couple of tour buses pulled in and unloaded a horde of tourists just as we were driving up. We decided to go over to Mountain Restaurant instead and were pleasantly surprised. The restaurant is located beside a gas station so we were expecting it to be your typical truck stop serving all day breakfast and club house sandwiches. Instead we found a full service restaurant using fresh local or regional ingredients. The menu is not huge but there's a bit of everything. Our family tried the following entrees; maple salmon, bulgogi, pull pork sandwich, elk burger, crispy chicken linguine and gorgonzola pasta.

We found the food very good and the entree prices reasonable. We do suggest passing on the appetizers since they are expensive for what you get. We had good service but the restaurant was not very busy when we visited. Overall, we had a nice dinner and would not hesitate in returning.

We do have a few suggestions for the restaurant. The stuffed bear up front is cute but having a real hostess to greet and sit customers would be nice. The staff could use a bit more supervision and training in proper restaurant etiquette since they appeared a little too informal in the dining area, they should do their "yakking' in the back. We also saw staff near us using a regular restaurant table to do work like wrapping cutlery in napkins. Stuff like this should also be done in the back.

3  Thank TwitchyEdmonton
Reviewed 17 May 2014 via mobile

My girlfriend and I decided to go there for our dinner. The best of our dinner was the apetizer at the beginning with roasted bread and fresh vegetables by a dip. But our main courses were absolutly terrible. My girlfriend ate salmon which was burned added by cold rice. My steak was ok but thats it. Additionally I ate french fries which was totales dry and and taste like old one. But one positive thing, the waitress was very friendly.

Richard_Yuh, General Manager at Mountain Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

I am sorry you had a bad experience with us. The night you came we had just released our new dinner menu. That is no excuse and apologize your food was not up to standard. If you are ever coming through the area, we would love for you to give us another chance and we are willing to provide you a complimentary dinner. Again I apologize you had a bad experience this weekend.