“Good soup and Veg. (tofu) roll”

Laggan's Mountain Bakery
Ranked #1 of 2 Bakeries in Lake Louise
Price range: US$4 - US$12
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Description: Discover a wonderful quick service café/restaurant and bakery in Lake Louise, AB. Laggan's Mountain Bakery & Delicatessen offers hot drinks and delicious meals made from scratch. With plenty of entrees and sandwiches under $10, our casual restaurant is the perfect pit stop on your Rocky Mountain vacation. We also offer a great range of vegetarian and gluten-free options. Be sure to try our famous Health Cookie to keep you fuelled for your adventure filled day!
Reviewed 1 September 2014

Ate here twice over a period of three days when I stayed in Lake Louise village. It is conveniently located close to other shops / offices (village market, post office, visitor information center, etc.). Their soups are good and I especially enjoyed the vegetarian (tofu) roll. The seating area is limited and during busy times you will have to wait in line even to order food. I won't mind stopping by again for a quick bite if I am in the area.

There are newer reviews for Laggan's Mountain Bakery

Reviewed 26 August 2014

.... compared with what they used to be. Change of ownership? Change of staff? Lack of staff? Surly attitude? And what's this .... "No Health Cookies today"? "Why not?" "I guess the Baker didn't feel like it."

1  Thank RKAngelInFlight
Reviewed 24 August 2014

We came here a few days for breakfast and/or to get some food for the day's hike. We purchased our food and coffee to go and then sat on the benches out the back by the river in a quieter, more relaxed atmosphere. The post office was also there, so we could sit and eat, write our postcards, buy stamps, and post the cards. The veggie tofu rolls were very good, but these weren't out on the shelves until 11am. We often picked up a few of these in the late afternoon after our hikes. Great place to stop, if you are near Lake Louise!

Reviewed 15 August 2014

On the recommendation of a friend in Banff, we headed off to Lake Louise for a few hours with the distinct intention to stop at Laggan's for a quick bite. I imagine throngs of people storm this place at any one time, but they are so professionally geared to handling the crowd that many of their sandwiches are pre-prepared and the array of desserts would satisfied anyone's sweet tooth. We decided to pick up lunch and eat it somewhere down the road. I had a delicious Turkey/Swiss Cheese and Cranberry sandwich on multi-grained bread and my husband had a Chicken Salad on an Onion roll. The Piece de Resistance was a scrumptious Gluten-free Hazelnut Bar dipped in chocolate. Had I known what this was, I would have ordered a dozen! It was full of chopped hazelnuts and oh, so, chewy and delicious! Ya gotta buy one or two or three! The lunch was topped with a ice-cold freshly brewed Earl Grey, Blackberry/ lemon Iced Tea! Yummmmm!

Reviewed 7 August 2014

Myself and some friends went here to get some takeaway food. It was just after 3pm and there was very little choice left, but there were beef pies, and we love beef pies, so we didn't mind....until we ate the pies.

The pastry was very good, but the insides were not. There was only a handful of very small cubes of beef. Most of the pie seemed to contain frozen sweetcorn, peas and tiny bit of carrot. The sauce was white and salty, not meaty. there was more sweetcorn than beef in the pie.

For the price, even at Lake Louise, I'd expect more.

1  Thank Mark F