“Million dollar view”

Ranked #3 of 37 Restaurants in Lake Louise
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: Healthy, Canadian, Wine Bar
Good for: View, Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Description: One of the most iconic lobby lounges in the Canadian Rockies, the Lakeview Lounge offers a charming and elegant setting to sip on a sophisticated cocktail or an illustrious wine. Sit back, relax and admire the spectacular, world-class views of Lake Louise and Victoria Glacier. The combination of architectural and natural beauty makes for an unforgettable lobby lounge experience in the heart of Banff National Park. Be sure to sample our signature cocktail; the Lakeview Cosmopolitan, that has been a local’s favourite for years. In addition to an extensive cocktail and wine selection, seasonally inspired lunch and dinner menus are available. During the summer months, soak up the fresh mountain air and surrounding beauty from one of the most scenic patios in the Canadian Rockies.
Reviewed 28 October 2017 via mobile

Food was excellent. Mackenzie our server was very attentive and genuine. Had the Cobb salad on which were huge chunks of bleu cheese. A little pricey but in line with location.

FCLL, On behalf of the Lakeview Lounge team at Lakeview Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2017

Dear tdwallst,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Lakeview Lounge and thank you choosing to dine with us.
We are glad that you enjoyed the cobb salad and service by Mackenzie. We will be sure to pass on your kind words to her and the team.
Thank you again for the review and rating. We hope to have you back again soon!

Reviewed 27 October 2017

Good food, but you're really there for the view. Every table faces the lake and you MUST have reservations.

Dear W1771GPcheryls,

We actually don't take reservations and operate on a first come first served basis due to the demand to dine with us. The majority of our tables do face the lake so there really is not a bad table. We are glad you enjoyed yourself and we hope to see you again soon.
Thank you again for the review and rating.

Reviewed 26 October 2017

Arrived just before noon and asked to be seated on the patio. There is an extra charge, but the views were worth it. We wanted a light lunch and both went for the lobster mac n' cheese. Food was excellent. Service was excellent. Surroundings were beautiful. Only negative was the smoke obscuring the view of the glaciers.

Dear Joe P,

The views from the patio are spectacular in the summer. Unfortunately there were a lot of wild fires this past summer that brought in a lot of smoke but nonetheless the views were still great most days. Glad you enjoyed the patio seating and the food.
Thank you again for the review and rating. We hope to have you back again soon!

Reviewed 25 October 2017 via mobile

We had a view of Lake Louise while we were dining the food was spectacular the service was great. The time with my beautiful bride was even better

Dear Jeffery P,

We are very pleased that you and your wife had a wonderful time whilst dining with us.
Thank you again for the review and rating. Perhaps we will see you back again for your anniversary!

Reviewed 19 October 2017

I came to the Lakeview Lounge for an early dinner as a hotel guest.

The restaurant was about 20% full and there were many window tables available, which I kindly asked if we could be seated at. The hostess stated they were all reserved which I was fine with (despite being told by reception when I checked into the hotel, that this restaurant does is strictly first in first serve and does not accept reservations). Shortly after being seated I overheard another walk-in couple like us asking for a table, they did not have a reservation and they were seated by the window without having to ask.

I asked the waitress if any of the other window tables were available (still at least 60% of them available) for us to switch to and I was informed that the couple that just came in were on a waitlist of approx 20-30 mins. I was happy to wait so I went back to the hostess to ask if I could be put on the wait list and come back for the window seat. The hostess told me there is NO waitlist and again said that all the other tables are reserved. I said I'm happy to wait and to make a reservation to which I was told that there are no reservations! What?

I have never complained at a restaurant and I am generally very understanding, as I know complications can arise when managing a restaurant however this was just unacceptable. After failing to receive an adequate reason as to why another walk in customer received a window table immediately after me, and a couple more minutes of the hostess's lies and excuses I was ready to leave the restaurant. I guess she assumed I was ready to make a complaint to the hotel as she looked blankly at her Point of Sale screen and told me a table (an unoccupied one) had suddenly cleared up for me.

Clearly another lie, I was still ready to leave but luckily my wife convinced me otherwise, as the view was amazing, food came out fast, and food was delicious.

Please train the staff to get their stories straight. I understand you want to reserve tables for higher priority guests and that is fine by me, but inconsistent stories and lies is not a good look for what is otherwise a perfect hotel. Maybe introducing a reservation system (real or not) would help to justify refusing tables to customers.

FCLL, On behalf of the Food & Beverage Management team at Lakeview Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2017

Dear Kawa L,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Lakeview Lounge and thank you for choosing to dine with us. We review all comments both positive and constructive to ensure that we are exceeding our guests expectations.
Please accept our sincerest apologies for the inconsistency that was provided by our colleagues at the host stand. The last thing we want to do is deceive our guests. We do run on a first come first served basis and apologize that you were not given a window table when asked. There are peak times when we run on a wait list but priority is always given to our in house guests. We will bring these concerns to the restaurant manager to ensure that our colleagues are delivering the same message.
Thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention. We are glad that you enjoyed the view and food and hopefully return again some day.