“The best - still”

Post Hotel & Spa
Ranked #1 of 34 Restaurants in Lake Louise
Price range: US$25 - US$100
Cuisines: European, Canadian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Saanich, Canada
“The best - still”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2014

After staying with the boys on and off for 30 years I can say there is no better hotel stay than the Post - in Alberta or BC. The Chateau may have the grandeur but the post has the personality and food experience other hotels can only envy.

Visited May 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Winnipeg, Canada
“My favourite restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2014 via mobile

This restaurant is classy. The atmosphere is homey. The welcoming and cheerful staff greet you when you come into the hotel and into the restaurant. We have eaten there for lunch and supper and both meals were delicious. The service is the best I have ever had. It is one of the most expensive restaurants we eat at but it's worth every penny. The only thing I didn't like was when they asked us if we would like tap water or sparkling water. I had tap but my husband decided to have the sparkling water. This showed up on our bill, $7. We weren't told we would be charged extra for it. But other than that, it's the perfect restaurant.

Banff National Park, Canada
“Post serves up a good meal again”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2014

This is the first time I have taken my kids to the Post and I think the 3rd time I have been there. They have amazing service which begins when you walk in the door and ends when you leave. We ordered the Chateaubriand and Tenderloin. The meal was fantastic as was the service. There was nothing left on anyone's plate. We skipped the starters and desert as my kids had some homework to attend to and I was trying to economize. Of course the Post is not a place to economize however I did by just ordering the main meal. The Post is likely one of the better restaurants we have been to and has not disappointed me yet.

• Visited March 2014
Melbourne, Australia
“Best Restaurant Experience in Banff Area”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2014

This was fine dining in a beautiful restaurant with exceptionally good service and a skillful and imaginative kitchen. The waiters were professional in that clever way that is both formal and light-hearted at the same time. We had duck spring rolls to start with, then halibut and black cod, exquisitely prepared, and a dessert with an ice-wine to accompany it. The wine list was first class. We enjoyed the whole experience thoroughly. It's expensive but worth it.

• Visited September 2013
Dallas, TX
“Remarkable”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2014

Dined at the Post Hotel dining room during a recent trip to Banff/Lake Louise. We were celebrating a special occasion. This is our third time to eat to at the Post Hotel over the last 15 years and it is so refreshing that, in a world of slipping standards and excuses, some things stand the test of time and remain truly great. The Chateaubriand was incredible and the desserts were interesting and delicious as always. But what really sets the Post Hotel apart is the amazing service. As an aside, this restaurant is not really geared to children; however, they were very welcoming to our children who were traveling with us on this trip. The kids really enjoyed the experience and the food.

Can't wait for our next trip to this area to experience the Post again.

• Visited March 2014