“Outpost Lounge”

Price range: US$25 - US$100
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

Every time we come to Lake Louise we stop for lunch or dinner at the outpost lounge in the Post Hotel. The atmosphere is awesome and the food is incredible. We always have the same thing the Hungarian goulash with red cabbage and spatzle. Absolutely delicious and really well priced. Of course a beer or two has to go with that!

2  Thank J Michael M

Reviewed 4 May 2014

I agree with other reviewers about the Post Hotel ... this was about our most enjoyable dining experience of our two week ski trip. Everything about it was "Comfortable". The food was excellent without being twee. The service was attentive without hovering, the dining room and lobby were like and well kept old friend and sunken rom by the little piano bar where we opted to have our coffee was like the a best clubhouse study room you could wish for. Well done Post Hotel.

Reviewed 9 April 2014

After staying with the boys on and off for 30 years I can say there is no better hotel stay than the Post - in Alberta or BC. The Chateau may have the grandeur but the post has the personality and food experience other hotels can only envy.

Reviewed 2 April 2014 via mobile

This restaurant is classy. The atmosphere is homey. The welcoming and cheerful staff greet you when you come into the hotel and into the restaurant. We have eaten there for lunch and supper and both meals were delicious. The service is the best I have ever had. It is one of the most expensive restaurants we eat at but it's worth every penny. The only thing I didn't like was when they asked us if we would like tap water or sparkling water. I had tap but my husband decided to have the sparkling water. This showed up on our bill, $7. We weren't told we would be charged extra for it. But other than that, it's the perfect restaurant.

Reviewed 26 March 2014

This is the first time I have taken my kids to the Post and I think the 3rd time I have been there. They have amazing service which begins when you walk in the door and ends when you leave. We ordered the Chateaubriand and Tenderloin. The meal was fantastic as was the service. There was nothing left on anyone's plate. We skipped the starters and desert as my kids had some homework to attend to and I was trying to economize. Of course the Post is not a place to economize however I did by just ordering the main meal. The Post is likely one of the better restaurants we have been to and has not disappointed me yet.