“Elegant service”

Post Hotel & Spa
Ranked #1 of 34 Restaurants in Lake Louise
Price range: US$25 - US$100
Cuisines: European, Canadian
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Windsor, Canada
“Elegant service”
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Food amazing, service excellent, wine cellar spectacular. Friendly and a highlight meal in lake Louise

Visited June 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
San Antonio, Texas
“Wonderful”
Reviewed 16 July 2014

We always stay at this beautiful lodge style resort wherever we visit Lake Louise and do not even consider other places. Rooms, restaurant and spa are all wonderful and we enjoyed each of them!!

Visited July 2014
Horsham, United Kingdom
“Superb dining experience”
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the hotel, so had booked our meal here the first night for convenience.  We then booked again the second night because it was so good.  We chose from the a la carte menu the first night, sharing the chateaubriand.  I found it really filling and couldn't eat anything else, but my OH managed to cram down vanilla icecream with choclate sauce.  On the second night we went for the tasting menu with wine flight.  Its not cheap, but it was absolutely delicious - dish after superb dish, with excellently matched wines.  I'd recommend sitting down early and taking your time.  (Dining early does seem to be the norm here - it's quite full at 1830).  One of the dishes included a pernod buerre sauce and fennel in the ravioli.  I'm not a fan of aniseed and the chef was able to adjust the dish for us.  The waiter service is very good, friendly and professional.

Visited June 2014
“Overhyped, overpriced and snooty”
Reviewed 4 July 2014

If you want to prance about like a would be wine critic this place is for you. The carafes for serving wine are clever and you can bask in your self importance of paying for expensive wine in an expensive setting. Its possible that it just wasn't our night but this place was a disaster for us. We were seated and then a family with noisy disruptive children came in next to us. I don't begrudge them their meal but since this was our big splurge in Canada we wanted a little peace and asked to be moved. The restaurant was half empty at the time and I asked to be put towards the front of the room. Instead after checking with the maitre de our waiter moved us to a spot against the wall right next to the waiter's station--in other words, Siberia. When the maitre d came by quite a while later and I asked him why we were in such a lousy spot he turned up his nose and asked if we wanted to be moved again--as I said, I had made it quite clear when we asked to be moved the first time that we wanted to be in the front. The restaurant was still not full (it was not high season yet) but I did not want to move again. Also the maitre d was so rude. He hadn't seem to have heard that haughty service isn't even popular at French restaurants in NYC any more. I have never felt so dismissed in any restaurant by such a bad attitude towards the customer. As if we should be grateful he allowed us to eat there. Perhaps we hadn't bought an expensive enough bottle of wine? We went through our meal which was good but nothing special in terms of fabulous flavors or exciting dishes. Then the bill came. I had been using the same credit card for a week in Canada but they brought the card back and said it didn't work. I asked them to retry the card while I sat on hold with the credit card company who said they didn't even see a charge. I sat there waiting for the card to be run again and spent ten minutes with the representative before they came back with the card and said again it didn't work. The restaurant is in a hotel so I went up to the front desk and asked them to run the card which they did and then asked them to explain that to the staff of their restaurant. After much annoyance on their part they ran the card manually--which makes me wonder why they didn't do this the first time instead of coming back to us and telling us our card didn't work. It was if we were being punished for asking to move and not being good customers. Frankly it was humiliating. I have been in restaurants where things go wrong but generally the manager will come over and say they are sorry and possibly offer dessert or something to make you feel better about the bad dining experience. I know this place has a great reputation but over time you can lose that reputation by treating the customer poorly. We stayed at the Fairmont hotels the entire time we were in Canada. They called us by name every time they picked up the phone or entered a restaurant. We felt welcomed and valued. So price is not the issue--attitude is. The Fairmont was pricey at every meal but somehow always seemed worth it. Avoid this place for sure. If you're going to pay up, expect kindness, appreciation and good service for your hard earned dollar.

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank Thorspecken
Kentucky
“One of Canada's best restaurants ”
Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

Such a wonderful restaurant with an impeccable wine selection. The setting is every bit as good as the food which is a very tall order. Service is also outstanding. Don't miss eating here when in Banff.