“Best omelet I've ever eaten!”
Review of Post Hotel & Spa

Post Hotel & Spa
Ranked #1 of 37 Restaurants in Lake Louise
Price range: US$25 - US$100
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Someone recommended this place for breakfast, but we arrived too late and had lunch instead. I ended up ordering the omelet without the smoked salmon, as my stomach was still reeling from food poisoning. I have no idea what they added, because it was just the eggs and spinach, no cheese or other vegetables, but it was the best omelet I've ever eaten!

Maria was an excellent server. Since my stomach was off, she even suggested some herbal tea, which I hadn't thought of and which helped me feel much better. It was very thoughtful of her.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

lake Louise is a beautiful part off the rocky mountains.the post hotel restaurant fits in beautifully Vladimir,who is running it for over 20 years can be proud;great atmosphere;good menu;beautiful room.the wine list is among the best in Canada.the food is great. we have eaten there twice; both times we had been looked after well in a full restaurant. the advice on food and wine was first class!reservation recommended.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

I am fortunate because as a foodie I travel weekly dining in nice restaurants. This one had a special feel. From the food, to the perfect service and ambience. The wine list was one of the best I have ever seen. This is a rare gem!

Reviewed 22 July 2014

We had dinner here and came away seriously underwhelmed.

What can one say about a restaurant that seeks to offer fine dining, at corresponding prices, but cannot produce, in two tries, a steak that is medium-well done? The restaurant did not charge for it in the end, but this is so basic that it is worrying.

We also had a risotto. Unfortunately, it was undercooked--not al dente, but hard inside.

The service made us feel uncomfortable, with the waiter coming across as aloof. This is obviously a matter of perception, but we have experienced waiters at truly top restaurants (e.g., Epicure in Paris, L'auberge du Pont de Collonges near Lyon) as highly congenial.

The upshot from our perspective: The ingredients were good, but execution was deficient. (Still better than the Fairmont Fairview Dining Room, though.)

2  Thank gumshoe7
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

We had four meals in seven days at the Post Hotel. There wasn't anything we didn't enjoy. The waitstaff was utterly 5 star professional, but friendly and warm. We especially loved Yves. The wine list was amazing! Being from the US, we don't enjoy the French wine selection. One of the best wine lists we've seen. We were in Lake Louise 5 years ago and ate at the Post twice. The service and beautiful setting drew us back to stay here a week and dine here 4 times this visit. Highly recommend!