“A Heavenly Oasis”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Calgary
Shangarry Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #3 of 54 Calgary B&B and Inns
Calgary, Canada
“A Heavenly Oasis”
Reviewed 28 April 2014

No matter where you travel or where you stay it is the people you meet and the kindness they extend that make a lasting impression. Shangarry is everything wonderful you will read in the reviews but it is Josephine and Raghu that make the difference. From the time that you arrive you are treated as a special guest. It was so nice to "come home" to a pot of tea and a slice of delicious cake after a long day out and about. When I travel people and food are utmost on my list of importance. Josephine simply smiles and you feel the care she is extending to you. The food she prepares is done with an equal amount of care - it is by far the best that I have enjoyed anywhere (the lemon ricotta pancakes alone are worthy of another stay in my estimation).

Even though I live in Calgary I will definitely be making a point of staying with Josephine and Raghu in the future. It was, by far, the best R & R I have ever experienced. I arrived a nervous wreck and left (after only 3 days) feeling so much more relaxed. You are truly an angel Josephine!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Erica G

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Whitby, Canada
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Josephine and Ragu are very welcoming and provide special touches to make your stay very relaxing and enjoyable The beds are comfortable and breakfasts' are homemade. Their home is charming with a wonderful sitting area that overlooks a beautiful garden that backs on to a golf course. Highly recommended!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 4 March 2014

During the Christmas season, my husband, a professional Santa, stayed at the Shangarry and I joined him for a couple of weekends. Josephine and Raghu are gracious hosts, with a beautiful home in a lovely neighbourhood. My husband had a wonderful stay (he almost didn't want to come home to the chilly north), and I very much enjoyed my time. The breakfasts were delicious, the hospitality beyond 5 stars, and the accomodations cozy yet immaculate. I think Josephine must have more elves than I do.....

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
ottawa
Reviewed 3 March 2014 via mobile

I had a wonderful month long stay at the Shangarry bed and breakfast. Josephine and Raghu have turned their beautiful home into a cozy, home away from home, for all who are fortunate to stay with them. I always felt welcomed and comfortable. Josephine's service is exceptional from warmed up coffee cups to fresh aired linen. Breakfast is gourmet quality. I was treated like a queen. If your looking for a great B&B experience this is it. I am looking forward to another great visit.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank lilOttawa
Saskatoon, Canada
Reviewed 27 February 2014

The Shangarry is a true gem. The home's cathedral ceilings with view of the golf course make it
so peaceful. The luxurious atmosphere is relaxing and the owners offer true hospitality. The breakfasts are delicious and the owners make you feel right at home. It's a wonderful experience.

Katia Papasoff
Photographer

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Katia P
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 30 January 2014

Josephine and Raghu's hospitality is beyond 5 star. Their home is beautiful overlooking the golf course on a quiet street yet still within walking distance to a large shopping centre and train station.
I stayed for 10 nights in the Ha'Penny room with ensuite. Very clean,comfortable,and private with a guest lounge down the hall."Home away from Home"
Josephines breakfasts ....So Good.
When you book to stay at The Shangarry Bed and Breakfast I guarantee you will love it as I did.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank honor l
Barnstaple, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 January 2014

We have stayed at Shangarry twice now and both visits have been superb. Josephine and Raghu have made us feel very welcome and the greeting we get after our international flight is always wonderful. Most recently we were lucky enough to have stayed when Santa was staying! Breakfast has always been a delight and very filling too, exactly what we require to start a long day exploring. They are perfectly located in a quiet area, but the large Southcentre Mall and Anderson LRT station, giving quick access to downtown, are a short walk away. Our helpful and knowledgable hosts were always quick to suggest lovely places to visit and provide the best way to get there. We cannot recommend Josephine, Raghu and the Shangarry Bed and Breakfast highly enough. When in Calgary we will always book our stay here.
Thankyou for your kind hospitality, Alex and Peter Large