“Irish Hospitality in a Western Town”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Calgary
Shangarry Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 54 Calgary B&B and Inns
Long Island, New York
“Irish Hospitality in a Western Town”
Reviewed 29 June 2014

My husband and I spent 2 nights at this wonderful home. Josephine's hospitality was unmatched. You feel like you're at home and after our two days there we were sad to leave. Josephine and Ragu were so warm and welcoming to us. When we arrived we were offered tea and banana bread. The Dublin room was lovely and comfortable and the gardens are so beautiful to walk around. Josephine gave us great tips on seeing Calgary and when we returned in the afternoon offered us wine to relax and conversation. Now about the breakfast, each day was a wonderful adventure, with such items as lemon ricotta pancakes which my husband enjoyed. I have a gluten allergy and I still enjoyed homemade gluten free muffins that she baked- very accommodating. Josephine offered us her cooler and a book on Banff and Jasper to use on our vacation. Who does that? We will be glad to see her again when we return these items. The B and B is about 20 minutes from the hustle and bustle of downtown. A great place.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank RoBah20th

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 23 June 2014

From the moment you step foot in their beautiful home, Josephine and Raghu make you feel welcome. I was in Calgary for a 10 day course and enjoyed each day at the Shangarry from the awesome breakfasts, which were an event with the stunning china and linens, not to mention the most delicious food, to a glass of wine or cup of tea with my hosts in the evening watching the Stanley Cup or World Cup Soccer! I was really sad to say goodbye! Their home was located in a beautiful neighbourhood with many amenities nearby; very easy to get around.

Room Tip: If travelling with friends ask for the two-bed single room.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank DRB67
Scottsdale, Arizona
Reviewed 9 June 2014

A true gem in Calgary. The hosts Josephine and Raghu were such a delightful couple .
I was rather sad to leave after my 4 day stay with them. It was so relaxing and peaceful.
Each room is decorated with such good taste, and very comfortable . One truly feels at home there . The breakfast each morning was a real treat, meeting the other guests and enjoying a delicious breakfast together. I loved the special touch with the little flags on the table of each country the guests come from Very thoughtful indeed. Close enough to shopping mall and restaurants. It is also only 15 min drive from the world famous Spruce Meadows facility.
I am looking forward to my next visit and stay at Shangarry. A home away from home.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Micheline990
London, Canada
Reviewed 4 June 2014

The Shangarry Bed and Breakfast is a wonderful place to stay during your travels. The hosts are very helpful and no one could top the breakfasts that were made each morning. There is lots of privacy and the facilities are top notch. The quite neighborhood is great for walks and is still close enough to get out shopping. I would definitely recommend this B&B over a hotel any day.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Elyria, Ohio
Reviewed 22 May 2014

We enjoyed our two day stay. The room was lovely and had a private bath. Josephine and Raghu were gracious hosts and told us about the history of Calgary. We enjoyed meeting the other guests and having a delicious breakfast together each morning. We felt like we were visiting old friends rather than staying at a B&B.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

I was so very blessed when I googled Calgary bed and breakfast and found Josephine. I had a most relaxing time. A home that felt like more than home and delicious breakfasts, wonderful showers in her beautiful bathroom and the most welcoming comfortable environment to have a single mom' s solo weekend escape. I was so glad I decided on her place instead of a hotel. I would stay here again in an instant. She is a beautiful nurturing lady who has found her gift and if you stay here, you will be so thankful. Just comfy cozy bliss. I appreciated her care so much more than she could have ever known.

Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 28 April 2014

No matter where you travel or where you stay it is the people you meet and the kindness they extend that make a lasting impression. Shangarry is everything wonderful you will read in the reviews but it is Josephine and Raghu that make the difference. From the time that you arrive you are treated as a special guest. It was so nice to "come home" to a pot of tea and a slice of delicious cake after a long day out and about. When I travel people and food are utmost on my list of importance. Josephine simply smiles and you feel the care she is extending to you. The food she prepares is done with an equal amount of care - it is by far the best that I have enjoyed anywhere (the lemon ricotta pancakes alone are worthy of another stay in my estimation).

Even though I live in Calgary I will definitely be making a point of staying with Josephine and Raghu in the future. It was, by far, the best R & R I have ever experienced. I arrived a nervous wreck and left (after only 3 days) feeling so much more relaxed. You are truly an angel Josephine!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo