“Wonderful stay with a wonderful host”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Calgary
Hughes' House Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #8 of 57 Calgary B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 24 May 2012

We stayed for Calgary stampede in July 2011 (yes i'm a slow review writer!).
Hughes House is a fantastic B&B near to the centre of Calgary.
Kelly is the most wonderful host, so very helpful and accommodating, we could not have felt more welcoming. Really made us not want to leave Canada. very comfortable rooms, very nice area in Calgary and there's even two little dogs who make it a homely environment.

Thanks Kelly! We hope to be back one day.

Room Tip: We had the front room which had an ensuite bathroom and a balcony.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sam606

Reviewed 3 May 2012

Liquid Lightning swim club attending Calgary's swimmeet voted Hughes House B&B the best place they have stayed on any of their team travels!
The owner was very helpful and made the trip a great success

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank CanadianKelownaBc
Reviewed 28 November 2011

Love you Kelly and Friends...looking forward to seeing you soon!!

There's no place like Kelly's place...it's far more then a Bed & Breakfast! Stay once and you're hooked for life!

Great Location too!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank Sparky-Gail
Reviewed 23 September 2011

Kelly and his crew are great hosts and the place is just 15 minutes walk from downtown Calgary. Nice and clean, situated in a quiet neighbourhood. The breakfast was superb - I wish that someone prepared such a fruit salad for me daily :) I would definitely come again and recommend this B&B to anyone!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 44annie44
Reviewed 19 July 2011

The Hughes House is an excellent B&B in a convenient location within 15 minutes to downtown Calgary. The host , Kelly, made my husband and I feel extremely welcome and comfortable in his beautiful Victorian home. He is the most friendly and accommodating host you can hope for. The bedrooms are freshly decorated and updated with excellent beds and linens. The home is very clean, and Kelly serves a delicious breakfast each morning. He knows the area very well and recommended several excellent restaurants. There is a separate room with refrigerator, coffee pot, microwave, toaster, washer, dryer, ironing board and iron for guests' use during their stay. This B&B is economical and an excellent value for Calgary lodging. We shall stay with Kelly the next time we are in Calgary!

Room Tip: All rooms very nice.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank FlyGirl1011
Reviewed 13 July 2011

First and best b&b experience in Canada. Nice room, clean. Great host who picked us up from the airport and served a wonderful breakfast with lots of fresh fruit. Excellent value for money. Cheers to Kelly.

• Stayed: June 2011
1  Thank Dico1
Reviewed 5 January 2011

I've stayed in B&B's in Calgary previously but thought I would give this one a try. I'm glad I did. Extremely good value for money. Kelly is a super host. I did not want a 'big' breakfast and ended up with a very nice large fresh fruit bowl, cheese/grapes and fresh croissant. Very good comfortable bed, ensuite facilities, flat screen TV (with DVD built-in) and quiet area close to downtown. Rooms are a little small and lack good closet space for a long stay but more than adequate for a night or two. Kelly is renovating a third room which will be larger. I enjoyed my brief one night stay and have put this on my list as places to stay at again. Kelly recommended a local Persian restaurant for dinner - very good food and very good prices. Recommend this B&B if you are looking for good value for your money run my a friendly host while still being very comfortable. Wi-fi available. Also, as a plus there is a guest room available with full-size fridge, microwave, etc. Laundry facilities are also in room - I suspect you can use - I didn't ask. Appliances relatively new.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business