“Loved this place”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Calgary
Hughes' House Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #7 of 54 Calgary B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersGold level
Australia
“Loved this place”
Reviewed 8 June 2012

Stayed for 3 nights in Calgary at Hughes House B & B in May 2012. I loved staying here as it felt like home. It is within walking distance of downtown and there are lots of restaurants nearby. It is in a very safe neighbourhood, which was important to me because I travelled to Calgary on my own. The rooms are comfortable and clean, with spacious ensuite and the upstairs front room which I had also had a balcony. There is also a full kitchen and washing facilities upstairs for the use of guests. Kelly, the host and owner, is very welcoming and always provides a sumptuous breakfast. He picked me up and dropped me off downtown without hesitation. Also invited me to a barbecue one night with his friends. Although I didn't know anyone in Calgary, I found it to be a most exciting and interesting city and found so much to do that I could have stayed longer.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank StormAustralia
benzladen, Owner at Hughes' House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 10 June 2012
Thank-you so much for your kind words.A positive review from a seasoned traveler means a lot to me as it shows maybe I'm doing something right. This b&b being my retirement project it all comes together meeting great folks like you.I hope you had a great time up in Edmonton with your cousin.Best to you,Kelly

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Wiltshire, UK
Reviewed 24 May 2012

We stayed for Calgary stampede in July 2011 (yes i'm a slow review writer!).
Hughes House is a fantastic B&B near to the centre of Calgary.
Kelly is the most wonderful host, so very helpful and accommodating, we could not have felt more welcoming. Really made us not want to leave Canada. very comfortable rooms, very nice area in Calgary and there's even two little dogs who make it a homely environment.

Thanks Kelly! We hope to be back one day.

Room Tip: We had the front room which had an ensuite bathroom and a balcony.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Sam606
Kelowna, Canada
Reviewed 3 May 2012

Liquid Lightning swim club attending Calgary's swimmeet voted Hughes House B&B the best place they have stayed on any of their team travels!
The owner was very helpful and made the trip a great success

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank CanadianKelownaBc
Morden, Canada
Reviewed 28 November 2011

Love you Kelly and Friends...looking forward to seeing you soon!!

There's no place like Kelly's place...it's far more then a Bed & Breakfast! Stay once and you're hooked for life!

Great Location too!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank Sparky-Gail
Samobor, Croatia
Reviewed 23 September 2011

Kelly and his crew are great hosts and the place is just 15 minutes walk from downtown Calgary. Nice and clean, situated in a quiet neighbourhood. The breakfast was superb - I wish that someone prepared such a fruit salad for me daily :) I would definitely come again and recommend this B&B to anyone!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 44annie44
Springfield, Missouri
Reviewed 19 July 2011

The Hughes House is an excellent B&B in a convenient location within 15 minutes to downtown Calgary. The host , Kelly, made my husband and I feel extremely welcome and comfortable in his beautiful Victorian home. He is the most friendly and accommodating host you can hope for. The bedrooms are freshly decorated and updated with excellent beds and linens. The home is very clean, and Kelly serves a delicious breakfast each morning. He knows the area very well and recommended several excellent restaurants. There is a separate room with refrigerator, coffee pot, microwave, toaster, washer, dryer, ironing board and iron for guests' use during their stay. This B&B is economical and an excellent value for Calgary lodging. We shall stay with Kelly the next time we are in Calgary!

Room Tip: All rooms very nice.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank FlyGirl1011
Schoonhoven, The Netherlands
Reviewed 13 July 2011

First and best b&b experience in Canada. Nice room, clean. Great host who picked us up from the airport and served a wonderful breakfast with lots of fresh fruit. Excellent value for money. Cheers to Kelly.

• Stayed June 2011