“Awesome menu”

Fergus & Bix
Ranked #495 of 3,537 Restaurants in Calgary
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub, Canadian
Good for: Groups, Bar Scene
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Ottawa, Canada
“Awesome menu”
Reviewed 5 September 2013

Had a great dinner there last night. An awesome menu which includes gluten free options: a pleasant surprise! Our 3 meals were outstanding: steak salad with blue cheese, fish and chips (I wanted to drink the tartar sauce!) and the Bang Kok Noodle Bowl was very flavorful. We were quite hungry and the huge portions of these appetizers were large enough to be our meals. We saw many platters of "full meals" which looked lovely, but would have been way too much food for us. I would definitely go back to try something else from the menu. The service was a bit slow, but the food was served hot and the meal was great!

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Karonasia

“Good neighbourhood pub”
Reviewed 20 August 2013 via mobile

Food is definitely better than most pubs out there, atmosphere is fun and laid back, and service is generally good. Prices are also reasonable for what you get. My only complaint, which does stop us from visiting sometimes (we live in the neighbourhood), is that the portions are huge! This is good for sharing or taking home if you're in the mood, but sometimes we'd just like the option to order less food.

Visited May 2013
“Always surprises...”
Reviewed 20 June 2013

We go to F&B about once every couple months. Every time we do go, I end up looking through the menu and think to myself each time, it isn't a very big menu. Yet, everytime I do go, the meal is amazing. Lately, I am addicted to their veggie burger. It is THE BEST veggie burger I've ever had. Other notable meals: my fav caesar salad in the city, the fish and chips are so tastey, and the flatbreads are delicious. Oh, and GREAT potstickers to start!

So - don't be fooled by its smallish menu. It seriously always lives up to each meal you may order.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank esg772016
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Beer & Burgers”
Reviewed 9 June 2013

On our last day in Calgary, we went to Fergus & Bix, which is 5 minutes walk from my son's house. We wanted plain food and what a treat, we landed lucky it was beer and burgers night. What a bargain! $10 CDN. A pint of various local craft beers, choice of burger and fries. Hit the spot after weeks of fancy food. Nice ambience, a nice buzz, the staff were attentive. No complaints.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank WillBill55
“Excellent”
Reviewed 23 April 2013 via mobile

Bottom-line, this is the best restaurant in the city for the money. I live fairly close and go often, I have never been disappointed in the food or the service.

Very much recommend it!