“Stayed for business”

Holiday Inn Calgary - Macleod Trail South
Ranked #67 of 110 Hotels in Calgary
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Stayed here for business. First time. Generally, I enjoyed my stay. It was winter when I stayed and I am used to quite a lot more thorough snow removal and de-icing, but I have come to learn that what I encountered was "normal" for Calgary so they won't lose marks for this. Sometimes one can have somewhat unrealistic expectations or can be unfamiliar with local practices, as I was in this case.

One pleasant surprise was their restaurant. The food was very good and quite reasonably priced.

I did enjoy my stay though and will be staying there again for my next trip due to the convenience.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
HolidayInnCalgary, General Manager at Holiday Inn Calgary - Macleod Trail South, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Thank you very much for your review, and to think I am now thinking of winter based on your comments, you must visit us in the summer for business.

Your comments are appreciated and we are pleased to read that you would stay with us again, we look forward to your arrival and thank you for your business.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

I thoroughly enjoyed the quiet and comfortable room. I was pleased to find pillows like I see at Holiday Inn Express locations (my preference) - not the half-length, overstuffed pillows that I usually see at Holiday Inns.

I slept very well - the bed was comfortable, the heater/air conditioner was quiet. Shower worked very well. The sink area is a bit cramped, but is sufficient.

The hotel staff were very friendly and capable. What I found most surprising was the hotel restaurant. Usually the hotel restaurants are lame, taking advantage of the captive guests. My dinner was exceptional - probably the best hotel restaurant meal I have ever had. The dinner salad was larger than most - and absolutely delicious.

I heartily recommend this hotel. BTW, this hotel has a somewhat odd layout, don't let that dissuade you.

The only improvements that I noticed were need was that the lighting in the room is not sufficiently bright, and strangely, there were no outlets at the desk.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
HolidayInnCalgary, General Manager at Holiday Inn Calgary - Macleod Trail South, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

Thank you for your great review. We were pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay.

We have just replaced all the pillows in the guest rooms with Queen and King pillows, each bed provides the option of 2 firm and or 2 soft pillows and they are great.

We appreciate your comment about the lighting, we are in the process of upgrading all lighting in our guest rooms, this is great news, the lights will be installed with brighter energy efficient bulbs and will also have electrical outlets on them as we are presently limited now as you have mentioned, we are hoping this will be completed later this summer.

Thank you for your business.

Reviewed 23 May 2014

I stayed 4 nights at the the excellent Holiday Inn Express on MacLeod Trail. My room was large and comfortable, clean and quiet! The staff were always pleasant and helpful and the breakfast offerings were plentiful and well presented. An excellent stay!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
HolidayInnCalgary, General Manager at Holiday Inn Calgary - Macleod Trail South, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2014

We thank you, this Review was meant for the Holiday Inn Express which is south of our Holiday Inn full service property. We were very glad to read that you enjoyed your stay and will ensure these comments are passed along, thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Hotels for your travel.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

Stayed here with my family last weekend. The room is huge and very clean. The breakfast was the usual cereal, fruit, yogurt, etc. The parking lot was full but management allowed us to park in 'no parking' spot. Will stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
HolidayInnCalgary, General Manager at Holiday Inn Calgary - Macleod Trail South, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2014

Thank you for your comments, we were very pleased to read that you had a great visit with us.

Thank you for your business and we hope to see you again real soon.

Reviewed 22 April 2014

Great stay as always at the Holiday Inn on MacLeod. The front desk staff was so friendly and attentive! I had forgotten some toiletry items at home, as I usually do on a trip, and the manager of the hotel actually went and brought some items to the room for me (Thanks Haniso!!).
The room was spotless, and so was the rest of the hotel. Breakfast in the restaurant, although basic, was fast and tasty. The pool area was a nice place to unwind, very quiet and clean
Absolutely amazing service at this hotel, they make you feel like every guest matters

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
HolidayInnCalgary, General Manager at Holiday Inn Calgary - Macleod Trail South, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Thank you for sharing your wonderful comments, we were so pleased to read that you enjoyed the Hotel and services provided. Thank you for recognizing our great staff members.

We hope to see you again real soon. Thank you for your business.

Reviewed 3 April 2014

You can never go wrong with the Holiday Inn brand! The staffs in the hotel, from their front desk agents, to restaurant servers, to housekeeping ladies, all of them are very friendly and attentive. They always have a smile on their face and acknowledged me every time I walked by. The building is laid out a little differently, but still quite easy to access from the side doors which is very thoughtful. The full service restaurant in the lobby just made my trip so much easier in this cold weather. The price is decent for the large portion, and the food actually tasted much better than I expected. The LRT station down the parking lot is 1 station away from chinook mall and 2 stations from the stampede ground, 10 mins to downtown Calgary. Literally made the hotel the center of everything. Definitely will stay here again!!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
HolidayInnCalgary, General Manager at Holiday Inn Calgary - Macleod Trail South, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2014

Herlina Z thank you very much for the wonderful comments and review, you touched on so many key aspects of our Hotel and services and we wish to thank you.

Your business is very much appreciated and we all look forward to your return visit.

Reviewed 31 March 2014

I attended a course at the hotel. The breakfast is served in the restaurant and menu is not very varied, the gym is small but good and well maintained and the location is facilitated because of a train station 300 meters behind the hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
HolidayInnCalgary, General Manager at Holiday Inn Calgary - Macleod Trail South, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2014

Paulo B thank you very much for taking the time to share your great review, your comments are greatly appreciated. We hope your course was a great success.

Your business is very much appreciated and we look forward to a future return visit.

Sincerely and thank you,