“Worst Management EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

Ranked #1,827 of 3,533 Restaurants in Calgary
Price range: US$0 - US$10
Cuisines: Bar, Canadian, Pub
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Calgary, Canada
“Worst Management EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”
Reviewed 25 May 2012

The girls are nice but the management Is horrible !!!!!!!!! They hire ppl who are injured and make them run around on a broken leg in a cast. The poor girl was super nice and said she injured her leg last week as she was limping. She told me she has to work to pay her bills. She just started a week ago. And wrapped her leg so tight in a tensor bandage that she had cut most of her circulation off. I saw it, poor thing.She told me she just got canned because of bad attitude. I thought she was great, fast, friendly and very funny. I just thought that it was not acceptable for a manger to make her work for such long periods of time without giving her a break. The food isn't the greatest either, plated very sloppy. THATS WHY ITS SO CHEAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will never go back again knowing that the management is horrible.The girl was sitting outside balling her eyes out. I did give her a ride home knowing that she needs her tips and she was having a rough day. That's no way to treat a employee at all. I told her to call better business burrow and let them know. I will even put in a claim for her as a witness.Unacceptable buisness !!!!! I will let my friends know and they will lose our business as well as others. This is coming from a guy who works at Celis pub a better pub then this pub. I told her to drop off a resume and i would give a good word for her. - Unimpressed Customer

• Visited May 2012
2 Thank r m

Calgary, Canada
“Good food for a good price”
Reviewed 17 March 2012

Good food, well priced and a great atmosphere for a few quiet beers.

Visited March 2012
Calgary
“Good food, and great specials. Watch out for a few things though.”
Reviewed 31 October 2011

We go to this restaurant at least once a week.

Mondays their chicken wings are on special for $0.06 each. Min order of 10. Max of 20 per drink I think (it depends on your server if they actually implement the max limit)
Wednesdays their ribs are on special for $0.01 each. Min order of 10. (same max limit)
Thursdays are 5oz steak sandwiches for $5, and $5.50 for a glass of wine. We usually go on Thursdays.

I find that if you want good service here, you have to sit up at the bar. Otherwise it's hit and miss. I've sat wating for 30 minutes (not at the bar) before someone even noticed that I was there. So if you want good service, make sure you're up at the bar.

We used to go here for their Saturday and Sunday morning breakfast, but don't anymore. Every drink that we like in the mornings (peppermint tea, apple juice) they don't have. We brought our own tea a couple of times because they stopped stocking it. Then after the second time, they wouldn't allow us to buy the breakfast specials at the reduced price when we didn't buy a beverage with the meal. They don't carry what we like, so we stopped going. Pretty bad policy if you ask me.

Also, they have a maximum limit of how many wings you can buy based on how many drinks you have purchased. On Mondays they also have schooners of beer on sale (32 oz), so don't buy one if you want more than 20 wings. Otherwise you'll have to buy another drink to get some more. I've rarely wanted more beer/another drink after finishing one.

I find little policies like these pretty annoying, especially if they don't post them on their web site or print them in their menu. So be in the know BEFORE hand.

• Visited October 2011