“Fantastic!”

English Bed, Breakfast and Day Spa
Ranked #3 of 58 Calgary B&B and Inns
Reviewed 29 August 2013 via mobile

This is the best B&B we could have chosen for our last two nights in Canada after travelling for four weeks!
Comfortable, the hot tub so relaxing, breakfast delicious and in town within 30 minutes.
We really felt home! Thank you!

• Stayed: August 2013

Reviewed 22 August 2013

My boyfriend and I had a great stay here in August 2013 and we loved it so much we arranged to stay for a couple of extra nights. The breakfasts that Teri makes are delicious!! Teri and David are both very helpful and friendly. We loved the hot tub!! The Egyptian room is lovely and has its own en-suite and its own door leading out to the hot tub! The whole house is very clean and we would definitely come back and stay here again :))
Only downside is the location as you have to get a bus/train into downtown Calgary - however it's not too far and both hosts are very helpful with directions etc. Overall- a great experience!!

Room Tip: Choose the Egyptian room -it's amazing!!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Vic W
Reviewed 31 July 2013

We stayed at the lovely English B&B when we first arrived in Calgary, on June 12, 2013. It was the first time in a B&B for both of us. The room was cozy, very nice and clean, very comfortable and it had its own private bathroom. The English B&B has also a Jacuzzi on a terrace outdoors that we definitely enjoyed! The breakfast was homemade and delicious! Beautiful landscape, bus stops and LRT station close-by for those who have no mean of transportation of their own. Truth be told, the English B&B is not close to downtown, but the access is easy either with the car or with public means of transportation. We stayed there for three days. The owners of the B&B were amazing and very helpful; wonderful people that go out of their way to make you feel welcome. Having said all that, my husband and I had a lovely time there and definitely got our money's worth and more! We would definitely recommend it!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mika-George
Reviewed 31 July 2013

My wife and I stayed at this lovely home for 3 nights at the end of June 2013. As a b&b it was excellent, our visit coincided with the floods in the downtown area which curtailed some of our plans. Teri was very helpful in giving alternative places to visit and went out of her way to check on opening times. We had the Egyptian room which was very comfortable and led out onto a patio with a hot tub. We enjoyed our breakfasts each morning with cereals, yoghurts and a cooked dish. A good local mall and C train are within walking distance.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Clipboard2013
Reviewed 30 July 2013

Stayed at this delightful B&B in early June 2013, it was great! Location is convenient, garden area beautiful and breakfast was delicious. The facility was very clean and even though it was on a somewhat busy street was quiet. As a solo traveler I felt safe and secure.

I will definitely stay again on my return visit to Calgary.

Room Tip: Either room is great.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank JaguarIIIIIIIIIII
Reviewed 15 July 2013

I'm one for staying in hotels, in fact we stayed in the Fairmont at Lake Louise a few days earlier and I would say we were more comfortable and enjoyed our stay at the English BnB. Terri is a wonderful host and makes the most delicious breakfasts!! My boyfriend even said he slept better here than in the Fairmont! Check in was a breeze and the hot tub was just fab! We stayed in the Egyptian room so had direct access to it. For the price of this BnB compared to a hotel, you'll be a fool to pay the hotel prices and would be missing out on a very comfortable stay! Would I go back? Hell yes!!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AlisonUK1
Reviewed 12 July 2013

My husband and I stayed at English Bed & Breakfast in March 2013. It was the first time either of us had ever stayed at a B&B. I was a bit nervous as my husband is very private and I knew I had taken him out of his comfort zone. Within moments of arrival he was enjoying himself. :-) The C-Train station is within walking distance of the home (5 minute walk). We used the train to travel to the Saddledome to watch the Calgary Flames. It was so easy and convenient. After we returned from the game David and Teri checked on us to make sure all was well. In the morning Teri made the BEST breakfast. We enjoyed their company while we ate. David and Teri are gentle, kind, and friendly hosts. I am so glad we stayed at English Bed and Breakfast.

• Stayed: March 2013