“Bathrooms for customers only- how to qualify as a customer ?”

Town & Country Motor Hotel
Town & Country Motor Hotel
Ranked #102 of 109 Hotels in Calgary
Calgary, Canada
“Bathrooms for customers only- how to qualify as a customer ?”
Reviewed 15 February 2013

A.M. Staff will not allow you to use the bathrooms. You must be a customer. Even if you are going to have breakfast and coffee you are still not allowed to use the potty. How to qualify as a customer i am not sure. I have a Class 1 license and have money but still not allowed to use washroom. I recomened if you plan on visiting that visit one of their bushes or trees before you go for your meal. If someone knows how you qualify as a customer would please be so kind as to let me me know. Thank you. :)) When you got to go you got to go . . . Very disapointed with the service and the rudeness from the lady behind the desk. I do not recomened visiting andwhere in Calgary is better then here. Dont expect to pee here. Its for customers only.

Room Tip: The Road King or or even the Point Inn is better
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
10 Thank Cathy O

Families
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed 19 August 2011

This is what you get for pushing through thunderstorms and trying to make it a few extra hours, you end up in Calgary during Stampede and every hotel in town is spoken for. Hard drinking clientele in the parking lot, lobby and bar area were first thing I noticed when I pulled up. As I had been onphone with CAA and online with Expedia, I knew this was it so I decided to make the best of it and stripped EVERYTHING off my heavily laden cross-country travelling motorcycle and lugged it to my room.
While checking in, a cabful of young upper-middle class girls spilled out of a cab. Turns out they flew into town for Stampede and had been to no less than 15 hotels before this one. The look on their faces was priceless. I think I heard "Oh my gawd" like 20 times. As a drunken bar patron stumbled out and started bugging them for money, I felt sorry for them and actually walked them to their rooms. Yes, it was that bad. These 6 uppity young white girls were willing to take a walk to their rooms from a road-weathered Aboriginal biker to feel safe. Lol.
Although my bed did not have bedbugs I still didn't trust the general uncleanliness of it. Further, the bed was like a piece of cardboard. I laid a tarp over the bed and slept in my sleeping bag.
I have flown into many remote communities and styed in some shady places out of necessity, never thought one in Calgary would rank among them. Woke up at the crack of dawn and got out of there before the drunks passed out on the balconies got up.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
15 Thank NishTraveller
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 22 April 2010

This has a fairly central location in Forest Lawn which worked well for my meeting. Would like to see hotel lobby improved. The community is turning around as the new Sobeys and Zellers were recently renovated nearby. I ate at the Sushi place across the street which was fresh and clean.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled on business
4 Thank metrodino
vancouver
Reviewed 11 February 2010

The staff were friendly, the rooms were clean and somewhat updated. The bed was comfortable.

I did a lot of research and this definitly seemed to be the most reasonable hotels in Calgary. I paid about $60.00 for a night.

The restuaruant was good and the Lounge had very reasonable drink prices.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled on business
5 Thank cgreengirl
quebec
Reviewed 29 January 2010

We were supposed to stay there 3nights, but ended changing hotel after the first night. The neighborhood is terrible (forest lawn). You do not want yourself in the streets during the nights. The parking on the back of the hotel is also used as a truck stop with all that come with it.

For the services we received, nothing bad to say about it. We've seen worst many times.

For the interiors of the hotel, in the hotel main hall, there's was an unattend water leak from the ceiling. The room wasn't bad, although the view on the parking (aka truckstop) with all the activities that come with, wasn't really enjoyable. Forgot to mention that we asked for a non-smoking room wich they were not able to provide (all the hotel is smoking allowed).

So after the first night we decided to get out of there, the neighborhood is scary, the hotel is not clean.

The worst part....... That hotel was recommended to us from CAA.

• Stayed June 2008, travelled as a couple
9 Thank monnerd
Sudbury
Reviewed 26 September 2008

The room itself was comfortable and clean - close to the zoo, Ft. Calgary and Heritage Place. Rates were quite good - especially for Calgary.

My husband and I stayed 3 nights. Sunday night was $50 while Sat and Monday were $64.17.

The sign is on top of the motel and is hard to see if you don't see it from the main road.

Though the location is great in relation to the above mentioned tourist sites, this part of town is a bit rough, or seemed to be. You do have a 'key' which you need for the elevator. Also, on returning once, there was a police car searching someone on the site. We could also hear banging doors - but it was early in the evening. There was NO noise after 10 PM. Plus, we had no problems outselves.

Also, the bathtub faucet dripped so we placed a cloth there. We did receive clean towels daily without asking.

Each room had a balcolny.

Since there is also a video store there, a restaurant and a bar, it can be a bit confusing when you first enter the lobby - looking for a room.

• Liked — Location to Places we were going, Price
  • Disliked — Atmosphere, seeing police on site
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled as a couple