“Not so happy new year.”

The Keg Steakhouse + Bar - South Pointe
Ranked #197 of 3,725 Restaurants in Calgary
Price range: US$0 - US$34
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Canadian, Bar
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Southeast Calgary
Reviewed 31 December 2013

One thing about the Keg is you can always count on the food to be fairly good. This time was no exception, I had the lobster tails and my husband had the filet. We obviously expected that New Years would be a busy evening for them so we went for a very early dinner at 4:45 hoping to beat the rush. We asked to be seated in the lounge as the wait in the restaurant was 90 minutes. We sat at the bar and had a drink and appetizer and after some time were seated at table. The lounge was packed full of people looking for tables and we ended up with 7 people lurking around our table, watching us eat and waiting for us to leave. We felt like we we were eating on a bus! This is not the first time this has happened at this location and it appears the management continue to let people in the door to matter how full they are. After all money trumps the experience of diners!

1  Thank Sydney414

Reviewed 11 November 2013

I have been to a number of Kegs and have always enjoyed my meal. This time was no exception. I ordered the ny striploin and it was cooked perfectly, meat was tender and flavorful. The veggies were great too. The twice baked potato was really good and my server was attentive, another good experience at the Keg.

Reviewed 10 October 2013

We went to celebrate our anniversary....should have stayed home. First, they seated us next to a boisterous table of 14 young guys. Really enjoyable!!!!! The service was OK and the bacon-wrapped scallop appetizer was great. I ordered the Classic Prime Rib and wife ordered the Creole chicken. Hers was fine, but mine was stone cold. The only thing that was warm on the plate was the fries, the rest of the meal was not even luke warm. I mentioned this to our server and she immediately took mine back. Within 2 minutes, someone brought me a complete new meal.....just as cold as the first one. I can understand getting one cold meal but getting a second cold meal in replacement of the first one is inexcusable.
We won't return.

1  Thank MexnutCanada
Reviewed 28 August 2013

Service here is very good never an empty glasses or fumbling over questions on the menu. That said really nothing out standing about this place. Good food, hot and served in a timely manner. I had prime rib and twice baked potatoes. If you are staying at the Westin in downtown Calgary and just want somewhere close, this is the restaurant connected to the hotel. I got the feeling that the restaurant was going for a fine dinning feel. The food just doesn't hold up to that standard.

Reviewed 3 August 2013

Our server is attentive, accommodating and cheery!
About food is just average. I ordered cream brûlée and I'm very disappointed they ran out.
The only reason that I choose to celebrate my birthday here because of their dessert.
Group of ten and we left dissapointed!

1  Thank Paige N