Review Highlights

from US$8.90
More Info
from US$16.22
More Info
All reviews ant farm petting zoo farmers market gravel climbing stalls stroller life paths animals park
Reviewed 13 September 2018 via mobile

Went out on a Friday. Did not have children so did not go to the active learning park which looked enjoyable. The market was not very big. We had a bite to eat from a mexican food kiosk, tasted good but over priced. Not sure if I would go again, maybe stop in on my way out to Turner Valley.

Thank M. N
Reviewed 9 August 2018 via mobile

Brought 2 kids for first time, 11 yr old girl and 13 yr old boy with autism. Very spread out which was nice for crowds. Some Centers were geared for higher or lower ages/abilities. Was a cloudy day but if not would have been hot (bring hats). Some shade areas available. Didn’t see much of indoor shopping/market (kids were done!). Enjoyable day!

Reviewed 31 July 2018

This was probably the most fun that we've had as a family in Alberta! I would say that it is geared to kids under 5 but older children will enjoy parts as well. The interactive play areas were all amazing and still very new looking. I actually thought the animal part was very clean looking, every animal had a shaded area they could go to and I didn't see any of the neglect mentioned in previous posts. I was a little disappointed by the market side of Granary Road. At least 50% of the stalls were food (really good food but not items that you could typically purchase at a market). The market wasn't as large as I expected and there wasn't anything I was interested in for sale. Maybe more variety would help. Overall Granary Road will be one of the funnest days you'll have with young children - my son was grinning the whole day!

Reviewed 29 July 2018

The interactive stuff is small child oriented. The petting zoo, disgusting, the animals had no clean water, no proper shade, the ducks food looked rotten. Three giant pigs drinking from a small dirty bowl that had things growing in it. Saw ONE staff member the entire time we were there, and she did not appear to be doing anything to improve their situations. Goats were so overheated they could barely move. One chicken was blind in one eye with a deformed beak which means it cannot eat properly. The rooster was pulling his own feathers out, a sign of stress. These people need to learn how to take care of the animals. For the price they charge they should be much better taken care of

2  Thank kelly c
Reviewed 4 July 2018 via mobile

We took our toddler and young nieces. Was a great experience! Would highly recommend for anyone with kids under 10.

Reviewed 22 June 2018 via mobile

We had a great time esp my 10 and 5yr old but could definitely add more interesting activities esp the Beehive and Bat area. Could also add more restaurants from the market and drinking stations. Won’t be going back til there’s new addition so it will be worth our drive and $s.

Reviewed 17 June 2018 via mobile

First time visiting Granery Road Park and we were not disappointed. Where else can you find life-sized spiders and ants while learning some really cool facts and burning off energy? Make sure you 'jump' on the Frog Pond! There's also a petting zoo. Joined by Granery Market Place, which offers a variety of places to eat and shop, this place is located just 15 minutes south of Calgary. The admission price was perhaps a little expensive ($32 for 1 adult and 1 child), but we would still come back for sure.
Check it out!

Reviewed 25 May 2018 via mobile

Went here for the first time today with my kids. Definitely good value for the kids with lots of climbing, slides small petting zoo and maze. Great signage for educational purposes which makes me think that they should have their new see where they draw people to their interpretation area they listen more in topics. I was willing to buy a seasonal pass for the kids but did not think that I should have to pay to watch my kids play. There are many places in town where you can sign a waiver and hang out with them but do not have to pay the adult admission. Not a very good business model if you ask me as I would be more willing to pay for food and beverages in the lounge etc..

7  Thank Bess l
Reviewed 4 May 2018 via mobile

This is clearly going to evolve into a destination market. They have a beautiful children's play park which seems suited for 2 to 10 - with parental supervision.
The vendors are all of high quality and of considerably varied type or style. This place will continue to evolve.
You can have a great lunch and go home with lots of different variety products. It is worth the trip.

Reviewed 21 January 2018 via mobile

I love granary road. It was so magical over Christmas time and the life restaurant was amazing. The food was reasonable and so tasty. I just love the vendors at the market as everyone is so friendly. Will be back again soon.