“Awesome”

Acclaim Hotel Calgary Airport
Ranked #25 of 110 Hotels in Calgary
Reviewed 21 November 2011

Great stay at the Acclaim, best place to stay near the airport! This room has it all, jetted shower, ipod charger, kuereg coffee maker, HDTV, quality bedding and an awesome kingsize bed, more comfortable than my bed at home. To find fault here would be nit picking but it would be nice to have hot chocolate k-cups for the coffee maker.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Shrek1962
Stewart27, General Manager at Acclaim Hotel Calgary Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2011

Thank you for the fantastic review!

What a great idea, we are going to look into adding hot chocolate to our in room beverage lineup right away.

Thank you.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,193)

Reviewed 21 November 2011

Wow. From the front desk staff to the wonderfully designed and furnished hotel rooms (comfy beds), this was a great hotel to start off our trip (TV in the bathroom, soaker tub and 6+ shower heads).. and the rooms are energy conscious. Plus, 20 minutes free calling in North America offered... roof top hot tubs with amazing deck/view... great Italian restaurant where they have a bread bar (talk about intoxicating garlic toast)... shuttle to airport met every need, on time. Really nice stay after a long trip to and from... good rate and safe place for park and fly... easy to get to from the Deerfoot. I've been recommending to my friends.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank tj s
Reviewed 15 November 2011

When I first checked in this hotel, everything looks so nice including friendly front desk staff. I was so excited that almost booked the rest of my trip with this hotel. However, when I use the internet at night it was so slow for me. Unlike the speed that I get from other hotels in Calgary. I called the front desk to see if there is anything wrong with the internet, but surprisingly they said it is that SLOW.....my goodness it is 21st century. Also i notice this should be a brand new hotel but the mattress seems to me is not that new at all. It has bugs. I was just sleeping on the chairs all night. Even though they try really hard to impress the guest but with these 2 things I won't even pay any price for that. The room is small but nice.

But one thing I should give them credit is the Pacini restaurant besides the hotel. It is reallyyyyy good. Good value even you are staying in the hotel should try it out.

Room Tip: Higher floor and somewhere in the middle of the hallway. If it is close to elevator is very noisy an...
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank airoswiss
Reviewed 13 November 2011

Chose the Acclaim hotel due to its proximity to the airport after a late flight arriving into Calgary. Upon arriving at the airport we were lucky enough that the free shuttle was waiting. The driver was very friendly and we were given a free bottle of water each while he talked to us about the facilities at the hotel. Upon arrival both members of staff were dealing with enquiries on the telephone. We did not have to wait long however as one of them took the opportunity of a break in conversation to get the ball rolling on our check in. Our room was extremely well appointed and comfortable with 2 double beds, flat screen TV, complementary bottles of water, free WiFi. The bathroom had a space age shower that I have never seen the like of before with horizontal jets turning it into a human car wash! The hotel is also very clean and well presented and is totally soundproofed so no aircraft noise was heard. We had the buffet breakfast in the adjoining Pacini restaurant which, although limited to the buffet on the day due to a staff shortage, was of a good quality. We again used the shuttle back to the airport the next morning which had an equally helpful driver. I would definitely stay again if I needed a hotel close to the airport.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank nezza28
Reviewed 7 November 2011

Stayed at this hotel on a stopover.Didnt have the opportunity to try the resteraunt but everything else was top notch.wouldnt hesitate to stay here.two thumbs up

• Stayed: November 2011
Reviewed 1 November 2011

We stayed at the Acclaim for our first time this last Monday night as a layover from a late flight that had a connection the following morning. We had no reservation so I called the Acclaim from my cell phone to secure a room after landing at midnight and luckily they had one for us...(they do have a phone to call from the airport shuttle doors) Their complementary shuttle arrived at the pick up area within moments and in about 5 minutes we were in the lobby of the hotel. Very short drive and mini bus type vehicle.
Hotel reception processed us pretty quickly. Best rate we could get was $159 before tax. The couple that was on the shuttle with us had booked in advance their rate was $129 before tax.
The room is so comfortable and well laid out. Very spacious and the bathroom had a nice deep tub with a rain style shower head along with multi directional shower heads running vertically. The shuttle was waiting for us as requested. Check out was faster than check in and we were on our way back to the airport.
Nice touches, complimentary bottles of water in the room, great toiletries, pillows soft, bed firm but quilted, Keurig coffee machine, business station along with another table and chair set and very quiet. Check out the attached pics.
We would stay here again for sure and if so, hopefully can be there for more than 6 hours!!! Would recommend this place to anyone.
Have to say its the first place we have stayed where there was no upper sheet on the bed. Just the one that covers the mattress so you had to use the duvet for cover - if it wasn't so late I would have requested a sheet from reception- was the only drawback.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Victoriabound
Reviewed 28 October 2011

I stayed in a comfortable, well-appointed room with a king-size bed with a super-comfortable mattress, cotton sheets and a fluffy duvet. I never heard any aircraft noise and had a good night's sleep which I cannot say for too many other hotels I have stayed at. The room also had a chaise lounge, 42-inch plasma TV, a work desk, a Keurig coffee maker, and even a separate dressing table with lighted make-up mirror. Loved the oversized soaker tub and the granite tub surround in the bathroom. I really appreciated the complimentary bottles of water. The Pacini Restaurant is very inviting and the pasta dish I had was excellent. Very good selection of wines available. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business