“Great stay”

Ranked #23 of 109 Hotels in Calgary
Ottawa, Canada
“Great stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2012

My husband and I stayed here for one night prior to flying out of Calgary the following morning.

The hotel is lovely...new and very clean, with very pleasant front desk staff. The room was very comfortable and well appointed, and we both slept well. We loved that they have a 24 hour courtesy shuttle, which was very helpful as we had an early flight. The hotel seemed very customer service oriented, something that we found pretty much everywhere we travelled in Alberta, so bravo Albertans! You know how to make visitors feel very welcome!

The only two negatives, would be the difficulty we had finding the hotel, and actually navigating around Calgary at all on our way back from Jasper. Of course, the hotel is in no way responsible for the latter, but it was frustrating. Secondly, we were absolutely exhausted, needed to repack to meet all of the security regulations for luggage, and had to get up early, so we decided to order from the on site restaurant. No room service was available, but they did say that they would call the room as soon as our order was ready. My husband promptly went to pick up our order upon receipt of the call, but he was disappointed when he opened it that the bruschetta was cold and hard, and his pasta was cold as well. Perhaps, if the restaurant is unable to get the orders to guests in a timely manner, "take out" should not be offered to guests at all if they are unable to meet a reasonable standard in food quality (ie. at least warm).

All of that said, we enjoyed the Acclaim, and wouldn't hesitate to stay here again should we be in the Calgary area again.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Doe07

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
  • Korean first
Gainesville, FL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2012

I actually spent two nights here. I needed a recovery day after hiking for a couple of weeks in the Canadian Rockies. The bed was so comfortable, honestly I slept like a dead puppy. The bathroom was modern---Jacuzzi shower and, yes, a TV (and remote) to use in the tub. I didn't, but it made me laugh out loud anyway. Also it had a high toilet and the best towel I've ever used in any hotel EVER. They offered to sell the bath robes but instead I would've bought three of those towels if they had offered them for sale. Nice widescreen TV with a DVD player and a nice selection of DVD's to pick from downstairs. I played a couple of DVD's while I was there. It was very relaxing. I liked the 20 minutes of free long distance, too. My cell phone did not have coverage in the area, so it was nice to check in with my family. The people were helpful and friendly, and it was 5 minutes from the airport. You can't beat that! I will remember this place the next time I come to Canada. It is a little pricey, but believe me, you get more than you pay for.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Floridahiker
Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2012

Spent one night here due to early morning flight out of Calgary. Room was quite nice. Calming, modern decor. Nice little touches ... complimentary bottled water, big deep tub, large shower head and body sprays/jets, automatic soft nightlight in bathroom, 20 minutes of free long distance if calling someone in North America, free internet, flights posted in lobby, prompt and fast shuttle to/from airport. I do have 3 suggestions: First,the mattresses were a tad too soft. Not uncomfortable, but a bit soft. Could stand to be firmer. Second, our low flow toilet backed up quite easily. I tried to get a plunger from the front desk but they couldn't find one. Front desk offered to give us a key to an empty room near ours to use the bathroom. Since it was the morning we were leaving, I declined and said I would use the one in the lobby (which isn't in the lobby, it's down in the lower level conference area). They need to have a plunger on hand at all times due to the low flow toilets. Third, they have had some car break ins. Appears the break ins have been on cars parked near the restaurant rather than directly in front of the hotel entrance or in teh back of the hotel. Hopefully this will be solved when the new addition is completed with underground parking.

Despite the above 3 comments, I thoroughly enjoyed y stay at this hotel and definitely would stay here again.

Room Tip: High floor on back was very quiet. Location of hotel is good if need to get to airport quickly but...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank LTJ15
Lloydminster, Alberta
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2012

I stayed here on business for a 4 night stay. Nice conference roooms on the lower level. The rooms were nice and modern even though they were a bit on the small side. But all the space was comfortable and efficiently used. Extra tv in the bathroom with a nice multi-head shower. Nice chaise lounge in the main area which was comfortable. The only real negatives I encountered were that the walls seemed to be thin and there as always quite a bit of noise you could hear from the other rooms and the hallways. Also a few people in our group seemed to have sinus problems during our stay possibly from the nearby construction or the ac system. Location is north of airport near Country Hills Blvd, East of Deerfoot. Pacini restarurant is attached to hotel and food quality was good but service was not up to par for the level of restaurant it was advertised as.

Room Tip: Less noise on the top floor.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank mcgruffs
Boston
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2012

We spent one night at Acclaim Hotel, en route to the Canadian Rockies. Upon landing at Calgary Airport, we telephoned the hotel, and within minutes the hotel shuttle bus arrived. The hotel is conveniently located very close to the airport. At the hotel there was no assistance with our luggage, but they do have luggage carts. The front lobby is rather basic. Behind reception there is another lobby, and it is rather sad-looking. The reception staff were friendly and helpful. We were able to exchange currency without a fee. The room we stayed in had 2 comfortable queen size beds, a couple of tables and chairs, and offered such amenities as complimentary WiFi, nice bathrobes, a coffee maker, and a second TV in the bathroom (but it was not working). The furniture, walls, floor, drapes etc were all in slightly depressing muted neutrals, and the trims in dark brown. The room’s wall-to-wall rug could use a thorough cleaning. Also in the hotel are vendor machines, an ice machine and coin-operated washing machines.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank shaidan
Southport, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2012 via mobile

We needed a hotel for one night prior to a transfer from Calgary airport & chose the Acclaim based on reviews. We were so glad we did!
The good experience started with check in where we were dealt with by 2 charming young men who couldn't have been more friendly & helpful.
We needed to return a rental car to the airport & the location could not have been bettered. (However, be warned, the extensive roadworks around the airport make navigation quite difficult. The biggest difficulty for us was that the temoorary road surfaces have no markings on them & twice on the way to return the car we went the wrong way ie. against the traffic).
The room was larger than we expected. Huge, comfortable (firm) bed. We both had an excellent night's sleep with no noise. Everything was new & worked. It was modern & quite stylish although not exactly full of character - I should imagine every room is virtually identical.
One minor point, but we both appreciated it, both the bedroom & bathroom had some kind of background greyish night light which was completely unobtrusive with eyes closed but sufficient to move around without disturbing your partner at night.
I don't normally review hotel restaurants but the attached Italian (Pacinis) was excellent. The meal was a highlight of the day. It appeared to have quite a few non-hotel customers which is usually a good sign.
I would definitely recommend the Acclaim to anyone wanting a hotel near the airport.

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank mrssandgrounder
Hannon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2012

Stayed here for 4 nights. Rooms were nice and clean, modern and very friendly staff. Food was excellent. I stayed here on the recommendation of my cousin and he was right. Room was a little smaller than I anticipated but overall great experience. When I return I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business